quick charging?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwcltd

Must I always use the remote app to get the car to charge? I get home, plug into the Rolec and then have to use the remote app to switch off the timers before charging starts. Am I missing something. Surely there's a way of starting charging while in the car without the remote, but I can't find it

I've never used the charge timer and my car simply starts charging as soon as it's plugged in. I think you need to delete the timer settings, then it should work fine - but I don't know how to do it...

cwcltd said:
Must I always use the remote app to get the car to charge? I get home, plug into the Rolec and then have to use the remote app to switch off the timers before charging starts. Am I missing something. Surely there's a way of starting charging while in the car without the remote, but I can't find it

There is a much easier way, at least on the MY16, dunno about earlier models;

On your key fob you will see a button on one side end which has a clock / timer symbol on it.

Press that twice in quick succession and the car's indicators will flash to indicate that the timer program has been temporarily suspended. If you have plugged the car in you will be rewarded by the satisfying clunk of the charger's relay and in my case a green light from the charger indicating charging in progress.

This does not interfere with your timed charge program.

Also very handy if you have charge timers set and you are away from home, you want to get a charge and your ***** app won't work. Pity I'd forgotten about the button on that occasion!

JimB

maby said:
I've never used the charge timer and my car simply starts charging as soon as it's plugged in. I think you need to delete the timer settings, then it should work fine - but I don't know how to do it...

I've got the timers set so that it charges overnight at cheap rate. However there are times when I want it on charge for a couple of hours during the day and it seems a shame that you can't press a button in the car or on the charger to do this. If I delete the timer setting and forget to reset them I'd miss the overnight charge.

Claymore said:
cwcltd said:

There is a much easier way, at least on the MY16, dunno about earlier models;

On your key fob you will see a button on one side end which has a clock / timer symbol on it.

Press that twice in quick succession and the car's indicators will flash to indicate that the timer program has been temporarily suspended. If you have plugged the car in you will be rewarded by the satisfying clunk of the charger's relay and in my case a green light from the charger indicating charging in progress.

This does not interfere with your timed charge program.

Also very handy if you have charge timers set and you are away from home, you want to get a charge and your ***** app won't work. Pity I'd forgotten about the button on that occasion!

JimB

Brilliant! It works. many thanks!

Back