Reduced electric range

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a couch-potato P in the HEV. :D
I do about 25.000 Km a year - a bit over half pure EV. I guess this is in keeping with the design parameters of the car.

Interesting - I got the "Engine started to maintain fuel system" message yesterday after an overnight full charge. As it puts the car into Charge mode until you add 15 litres of petrol and I did not have the opportunity to do this until the evening, the estimated electric range steadily rose during the day to 34 miles. Presumably if I had had a full tank and kept on driving in Charge mode this could have got me up to over a 100 miles of EV range :lol:

greendwarf said:
Interesting - I got the "Engine started to maintain fuel system" message yesterday after an overnight full charge. As it puts the car into Charge mode until you add 15 litres of petrol and I did not have the opportunity to do this until the evening, the estimated electric range steadily rose during the day to 34 miles. Presumably if I had had a full tank and kept on driving in Charge mode this could have got me up to over a 100 miles of EV range :lol:

I am glad you added the LOL, as 100 miles is out there.

One day when I am bored, I am going to drive very carefully in EV at a very low speed, with hopefully a finish on a steep downhill. Then fully recharge. The 100km guestimate may then be seen.

jaapv said:
The batteries will never (well, nearly never) be depleted under 27%

Indeed, it has been discussed how the engine on / engine off sequence lets the SOC oscillate around 30+% (at higher speed) or around 27+% (at lower speed).

But under heavy conditions, when the engine is not able to maintain SOC in parallel mode (due to the limited RPMs), the car will engage in a parallel mode / serial mode sequence, letting the SOC oscillate between 22 and 25%. Of course, it produces a fair bit of noise, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how fast the SOC is increased from 22 to 25% in parallel mode, even when towing a 1500 kg caravan uphil at 90 km/h :p

Back