Regen problem?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mm, there is a definite change in my car. It is not just where the needle is - I was using that as an easily quantifiable thing I could ask you guys to check on your cars. B5 does not hold the car on a hill or slow it at a junction like it used to. When I use the brakes I really do appear to be using the brakes. It is a pain particularly when towing downhill.

I checked my charge cost - I have it set at 12p kWh and unfortunately I don’t think I have s photo of a screen from ages ago. The scale has a line at 60p and ends at £1.20 so 1/2 a battery 5kwh and full 10. The bars don’t appear to go beyond 3/4 full. Next time I do a charge from empty I will check the cost for that charge. The garage hasn’t called me back yet.

I do preheat - no difference whether I do or don’t. I wondered whether it could be temp when it was freezing some time ago but the other day 10 deg c and no different.

I should try to do a video of my regen dial (I have a head cam). Don’t hold your breath tho as not tech savvy with it!
Cheers
H

Ok, I’ve now done a full recharge from “empty” (the engine had come on and predicted range ___) cost 91p which equates to approx 7.5kwh. Not great. What charges are other 2014 cars showing from empty?
Thanks
H

My full charge cost last night was only 66p and for some reason I only got 14 miles on ev not the predicted 21 miles it said after the full charge. I'm going to start my own post on the technical board.

Hypermiler said:
Hi all
Before I call the garage, has anyone had this issue please?

Even with low soc (battery level), regen needle never travels further into the regen zone past the “A” in charge, whatever regen level and regardless of pressing the brake. I’m sure in b3 say I would regen when lifting off the gas and then pressing brake pedal would increase it further.

Also the different regen levels don’t seem to be as distinct or strong as before. B5 is not that strong and when descending a steep hill, particularly with a trailer, this could give me some issues.

I’m a bit worried they either won’t find anything wrong ir it will be hideously expensive to fix...

Ta in advance
H

Hi Hypermiler,

Now I have just checked my PHEV after borrowing it off my wife ;) and went out on the freeway where I did my fuel economy tests. I will bring in part of that test:

Trex said:
Hi folks,

This will be the last test I will do for awhile. I hope it helps everyone. :)

I picked the flattest area around here ( and it is very flat across the river valley here) on the dual lane freeway (in each direction) that runs past our small city. It is made up of approx. 12kms of 100kph zone and 10km of 110kph zone. I picked that stretch for its easy turn around at each end as well as being flat.

So the test consisted of driving in one direction then the other followed by a quick turnaround at each end. Traffic was light. I sat on 105kph . I used cruise control the whole time except at each end when I was turning around.

Now this is the same as I did the other night but more scientifically ie I ran both directions fully before taking measurements to allow for any wind or elevation changes. I have not, I repeat not done that before. :oops:

Here are the results.

Press save button straight at start with full battery. 15 bars showing (out 16 ) on MMCS when finished test. 7.8L/100k Petrol motor never stopped. B5 15kw

Press Save at 13 bars. 14 bars showing (out 16 ) on MMCS when finished test. 7.8L/100k Petrol motor never stopped. B5 25kw

Press Save at 11 bars. 12 bars showing (out 16 ) on MMCS when finished test. 7.4L/100k Petrol motor stopped a couple of times B5 37kw

Note No AC or heater on.

Note The B5 amounts are Regen that I could get at the end of the runs with the paddles set to B5 when turning around.

So see how I got max regen of 37Kw from the SOC being lower than 11-12 bars out of 16.

Well I replicated that just a few minutes ago ie SOC lower than 11-12bars out of 16 and got 37Kw regen reading on the MMCS central display. Same as before.

As I had not looked at the power meter display before when doing those tests I could not comment before now.

But it was pointing at the A in charge as noted by yourself.

I also turned on the Evbatmon app and my battery condition is showing 76.68% ie 23.32% so called degradation.

So I have plenty of "degradation" and am not seeing any effect on regen in any way.

Regards Trex.

Back