Rotating Tyres front to back

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itserve

Does anyone know if swapping front to rear wheels causes a hiccup in the pressure monitoring system? I had thought not, as the system does not specify a wheel or pressure when it gives a warning. However, my tyre place was unsure if it would cause the system to throw an error.

Thanks!

Perfect, thank you very much! So my rotated tyres will just register as a 'second' set, then I switch back next time I rotate :)

itserve said:
Perfect, thank you very much! So my rotated tyres will just register as a 'second' set, then I switch back next time I rotate :)

No - not true. When I had my puncture repaired, the fronts went of the back - I know this by the brake dust (and watched them do it). TPMS showed no difference. A second set only gets registered by the dealer inputting the new RFID codes from an additional set e.g. winter tyres. Unlike some systems the TPMS doesn't know which corner each valve is just that they are on car somewhere - probably happy if they just in the boot. :lol:

Either way, problem solved/ discounted, thanks :)
greendwarf said:
itserve said:

No - not true. When I had my puncture repaired, the fronts went of the back - I know this by the brake dust (and watched them do it). TPMS showed no difference. A second set only gets registered by the dealer inputting the new RFID codes from an additional set e.g. winter tyres. Unlike some systems the TPMS doesn't know which corner each valve is just that they are on car somewhere - probably happy if they just in the boot. :lol:

Back