SD card size

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webbo73

hi all - I know there is a limit to the number of songs / folders for the SD Card listed somewhere in the manual, but I was wondering what the largest capacity SD card people have successfully loaded in to the PHEV is? I used the only one I had spare when I first got the car which was 2Gb, so I thought I'd treat myself to something a lot bigger rather than keep swapping USB sticks.

The prices for even a 128Gb aren't too high these days but I'm assuming that filling that would take me over the supported number of dirs. So my question is (ignoring file sizes / compression ratio variances etc.) what's the biggest SD card I can get away with.... e.g. anyone using a 64 or 128gb successfully and if so, any recommended brands / models?

Thanks in advance.

One of the users on SpeakEV (who unlike me seems to know what he's doing!) has tested this and written about his findings here: https://speakev.com/threads/which-sd-card-specifications-are-supported-by-the-mmcs.4350/#post-53301

Back