Swopped it for another one !

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxforddon

I collect my new GX3h+ tomorrow- I intend to be warm this winter and the likely loss of the £5000 grant next February made changing now a no brainer, since the car is so good I was certain to get another anyway.
I've had my old GX3h since July 2014 and have logged all my petrol so I thought I would post a few figures:-
Total mileage 17675. All fault free.
2675 of which were towing my small 1 tonne caravan - approx 25mpg towing. (Excellent tow vehicle - provided the state of charge is maintained)

So 15000 miles normal driving, half of which I managed purely on EV ( being retired and often traveling within the average 28 mile range that I usually manage from a battery charge in the flatish area where I live ( also I am rather obsessed with stretching it) the other half includes a trip to Hamburg via Hull and generally trips of 50 to 200 miles or so.
For this 15000 miles I got 83 mpg. When the charge is gone and running as a hybrid on petrol only the mpg is about 39 mpg.
If I adjust for the cost of all the electricity converted to the petrol that it would have bought, then I reckon the figure would be about 70mpg.

I calculate the CO2 including for grid losses to be about 140gr/km (I've actually done less than this since I've disregarded my solar panels).

So for my pattern of usage , it's a big useful very quiet
4wd with the ( non towing) fuel costs and emissions of a micro car ( given that my figures are pretty accurate and not the fiddled figures of official testing )

Also nearly all my driving in urban areas has been zero emissions- your welcome , all you pedestrians and city dwellers.

Yes It was about £9000 to change, less than I expected. I can convince myself that I'm actually in profit when I consider:-

The grant going (probably), the possible road tax hit ? The tyres half way through life £500? The £1000 worth of heater and heated seats, the increased quality and bling, the service package reset to 3 years, oh and I could have had interest free credit for a year.

I'm determined to drive the new one less Eco obsessively and let the automatic systems do their stuff, I will still drive gently though, it is speed that depletes the charge more than anything- hills too but you can get much of that back.

Sounds good.

It's likely to be difficult to drop the eco obsession though :lol:
You could be the first on here to give us an informed view on what's better on the new model.

Back