Tesla to J-1772 Adapter

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blarsen

Hello,

I purchased a Lectron Tesla to J-1772 adapter to charge my 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV with a Tesla Destination Charger at our workplace. Here it is - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V7V2QT8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When we plug it in... our PHEV charging light blinks... and then it goes dark (indicating charging is not taking place as I understand it). It does this when the Outlander is low on charge, and at about 80% charge.

We have tested the adaptor on two Tesla Destination Chargers and the same thing happens.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

Thanks,

Brad

I would suspect, that even if the physical contacts fit, the charging protocols don't match. Return it for a refund.

I was told few years ago by parking staff at Luton (London) Airport who manage the "free to charge" Tesla bays (nearest to foot exit ;) ) that there are two types of Tesla chargers and that the conversion "brick" would only work with one type. Perhaps the Tesla chargers you have tried are the "wrong" type. :idea:

Back