the penny has dropped

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

I could never understand about everyone running off the battery, mine was nearly always a mix of engine and battery all the time.

recently the time change did not work automatically so followed tips followed by another reader which included turning "CT" off what ever that is, since then not only did I change the clock to the correct time but the PHEV runs mostly of the battery now.

so if any one else was frustrated with the car not running off the battery turning CT off may help.

I am holding my breath, I did a search through the user manual didn't find anything other than a lot of incidence in other words.

Could this be the setting for the PHEV's very own Flux Capacitor circuit?

Given the context of the OP, I believe it is the function in the MMCS that automatically sets the clock based on information in the RDS signal. Our Toyota calls it "CT"

Hi,

It was myself who explained about the CT on the GX3h radio. I would guess CT stands for Change Time or something similar - it just means the radio updates the clock from the RDS code on the FM signal - if CT is on you cannot adjust time manually that is why I said to turn it off so you could adjust clock manually. It will have nothing to do whether or not the engine runs.

I suspect it is coincidence. Probably the warmer weather this week so the heater is not needing as much engine heat to keep the cabin up to temperature. To prove this set the cabin temperature controls as high as possible and the engine will come on more. I often for short journeys turn the heating off completely - engine then never kicks in whilst I have battery power left.

This is probably because the weather has recently improved and so the petrol engine is not required for heating rather than any change to the clock...though I wouldn't rule out such a quirk by a company that designed the MMCS.

Back