Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maddogetc, CCC = Colt Car Company, sorry easier to type than Mitsubishi, and also for us oldies the original name pre Mitsubishi.

I asked the TPMS question to my dealer after 2nd test drive this week.
He didn't know the answer on the spot, but got back to me with, it is standard on the GX4h/s on UK models.
Hope this helps to clarify (even if it is only the UK market)

rickp said:
I asked the TPMS question to my dealer after 2nd test drive this week.
He didn't know the answer on the spot, but got back to me with, it is standard on the GX4h/s on UK models.
Hope this helps to clarify (even if it is only the UK market)

They definitely don't come on the top level Aspire in Australia that's for sure...

Fitted "Steel Mate Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - TP-75" earlier today, purchased from Supercheap Auto. Took me about 10 mins in all to fit. Then took the PHEV through a car-wash. So far so good. Pressure readings appear rather high at 38 PSI in front and 37 PSI at rear. Now got to see how long before someone pinches the sensors :?

PS Emailed Mitsu re lack of DRLs and TPMS on Aussie cars in response to their email broadcast re safety features. I'll be surprised if I do get a positive response ...

Graham said:
if you go into the settings menu on the main dashboard display then you will find an option for Tyre Pressure Monitor, hold dash button for 2 seconds to reset to current pressures. The next option 1 and 2 is for winter tyres apparently, which become setting 2. Direct from CCC this pm. All this is undocumented.

I got my GX4h in June and TPMS is not there. What version do you have?

Hi,

I find that on a day with 15C temperature my tyres show as 35psi but on hotter days and when doing more driving they show 40psi. I didn't realise how much tyre pressures actually varied until I got the TPMS. If you set to 40psi in winter you might need to reduce in summer.

It might be a bit of OCD but I keep adjusting the tyres slightly to make sure they all read the same :(

Kind regards,
Mark

Our newly delivered GX4h has TPMS - please note that the settings referred to are accessed via the button to the right of the steering wheel and displayed in the middle of the main instruments. NOT the settings accessed through the button on the MMCS.

It took me a while to find them.

I do wonder why some are having to wait so long for their vehicles. We went to the dealer and had the choice of blue or grey on a GX4h for virtually next day delivery. They were both parked in the back lot. We went for the grey.

Back