Tyre wear

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rotated my original Toyos at 40.000km and now with 65.000km they have similar wear and i think they will last other 10.000-20.000km. Front wear is higher so rotation is a must. High presures and smoth driving also help a lot.

I have been quoted £540 for 4 Toyo CF2 tyres - which seem to be the current PHEV suitable Toyo, and £340 for Jinyu YS82s! I suppose that is budget and extra budget. Anyone know anything about performance of either of these? I don't mind paying more for performance and am wary of fitting something so cheap and nasty as to be dangerous, but the tyre guy I spoke to about front outer edge wear suggested the Jinyus because of the WXL rating more suitable for a heavy unit like PHEV. I can't find much in the way of reviews.

I would not run such a heavy car on el-cheapo tyres. Better to get a good quality retreads if you want to save money. Even better not to skimp and get A-brand ones.

On the original TOYO Tyres: front tyres lasted 45 K. Replaced with Sailun Terramax CVR.
Original TOYO rear ones last 86K... yes 86 K...replaced with Sailun Terramax again... fantastic to drive.
The front ones has to be changed again at 75K.
car now done 96500 miles. It's 4 years old. March 2015 registration.
Sailun bought for £59 each from www.oponeo.co.uk. Fitting with the local guy £7.50 each tyre including balance and new valves.
outside tyre wear is normal in particular on the front ones... very difficult to avoid. don't need tracking. it's just normal
The outlander is a very well balanced car and so kind to the tyres. Regen braking helps to prolong the life...I think

Best wishes

Back