What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

74 km are 47 miles

THAT I have never seen on my BC before.....

I get that all the time on a full charge after a +150km trip on ECO mode with 80-90km/h max speed
It means that on your last trip, you made 74km on electric considering also the EV mode between the partial charges on serial hybrid.
The CB math is terrible :( ... and I wont even mention the kWh/100 average, manual or automatic, its nonsense!

P1270357.jpg

I am getting close to seeing the estimated EV range of 100km. I know it is rubbish. :lol: Just need to have a big chunk of downhill in the last portion of a drive before recharging. This is how I get the numbers close to 100. I thought I could have got over 100, when my PHEV showed 60km EV with half the battery remaining. Had no way of recharging at that time, so PHEV was unable to recalc for full. Purely academic exercise to prove PHEV systems really need some work. Please MMC make new PHEV firmware backward compatible and fix the bugs. I would not upgrade the PHEV with a new model if my checklist of faults was not much shorter.

My own efforts to improve my PHEV yesterday, included hiding cabling behind the dash for HUD, incident camera, GPS and power panel. I have hidden my electronics module for sticky CHARGE and SAVE under the centre console. I have added a control switch inside a blanking plug to put a mode control switch on my HUD within easy drivers reach. I had the drivers side dash apart anyway, in an effort to get access to the ECO button, which still eludes me. Have also relocated the menu screen select button to the hole closest to the door, so at least I can now see it.

BobEngineer said:
kentphev said:
greendwarf said:
Great photo kentphev :D

Thanks! I must get myself a longer extension lead though :)

No fix windmill, no EV mode home? how windy to get a rapid charge? :lol:

Siemens?

Vestas V52 in this case. Near Tormaton A46 J18 on the M4. Would support charging up to 16A on the internal aux power which is 240V although I just plug in the 13A doofer. Outside is 11KV which would charge you very fast... but only the once ;)

kentphev said:
Vestas V52 in this case. Near Tormaton A46 J18 on the M4. Would support charging up to 16A on the internal aux power which is 240V although I just plug in the 13A doofer. Outside is 11KV which would charge you very fast... but only the once ;)

Nice. I did some work at British Aerospace in the late 80's on a 60M Unit. All I recall is a very big nose cone and a lot of truck brakes!

Did a little 250 mile round trip to Liverpool, passed a couple of PHEV's on the way.

M6 was too busy, too wet, too miserable so I just did chill driving style as the PHEV is so suited to doing. On the way back the with the boredom and the ease of driving this car I got a bit sleepy. Many years on the road I am used to spotting and dealing with this. Singing my guts out some favorite tracks helps.

Another trip to Liverpool. On return was passed on the M6 by another White PHEV driver and we exchanged waves. Then ended up travelling almost in convoy on the toll. I left him behind at the toll booths, I love my tag!

On Tuesday this week took a trip to Slaithwaite (pronounced Slowit, locally), near Huddersfield so decided to call in to Hartshead Moor services on the M62 for a free top up - no such luck as there are no chargers! I had just expected there to be one at every service station. So I put the car on charge for the rest of the journey and managed to get 5 miles range. For people who do not know the area there are some seriously steep hills (Scapegoat Hill and Clough / Waller Clough Road) that lead down into the valley. By the time I reached the bottom I had 11 miles EV range. When I had finished, I tested the car on the way back up and ICE did not start but I was down to 3 EV miles by the time I got back to the M62.

I had looked on ZapMap and the nearest point was IKEA in Batley so off I headed. Guess what I parked next to:

Mine is the white one.

I was even more impressed when I found out that IKEA let you have FREE cups of tea between Monday and Friday. By the time I had finished 2 cups of tea the car was charged. I was hoping to meet the other owner but his car was still on the charger when I left. So if it was you CE55 XXX - I hope to meet you another time. I will definately be charging there again.

I got home after 103 miles having got 60.9 Mpg (my new record) according to the MMCS, but I was using B0 wherever possible on the way back.

Great day out - I'm going off road this weekend!

Today reminded me why I love SUV type vehicles. Never a normal car again for me. visited a customers site today and by the time I got there there wasn't a inch of parking to be had, even every bit pavement that just about didn't cause an obstruction was gone. One spot had been left, a bit of muddy ground by the side of a building on a steep slope with a curb round it and and quite a drop from the curb to the mud. Obviously no one wanted to have a go at it. With a bit of gentle easing I managed to get the PHEV on it no problem.

I know the Merc C350 has a much nicer interior but it would have a messed up exterior if you tried doing that in it ;)

Back