What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Washed it cos it is exactly a month old, put a torch in the passenger footwell hole thingy, found out I can't use the puncture repair fluid without invalidating the warranty on the Tyre Pressure monitoring System (separate post) and opened the bonnet for the first time. There appears to be a tiny little engine look-a-like thing in there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We went to the beach for lunch yesterday!

phev1.jpg

phev2.jpg

phev3.jpg

I would have been more adventurous but we were on our own and didn't want to get stuck!

http://www.rits.com.au/phev/phevbeach.mp4

It actually handled the soft stuff very well, much better than anticipated.

Cheers

NAPpy

All the way through? The wife, for some reason, like to take picture and movies in portrait rather than landscape so some of it will appear to be cut off. The internal vision should be okay though.

NAPpy

Regulo said:
Show off! It's raining and blowing a gale here in Essex, England. Make me feel worse, why don't you?
(Great pics, BTW)

It is winter here and it was bloody cold up there, 22c :mrgreen:

NAPpy

t3lmo said:
NAPpy said:
I would have been more adventurous but we were on our own and didn't want to get stuck!
http://www.rits.com.au/phev/phevbeach.mp4
NAPpy
Nice one! I must try also on wet sand to start :)
Can I share your video with more Outlander PHEV owners?

It should be pretty good on sand, actually - the electric transmission will allow a very gentle application of power and reduce the risk of digging in.

The phev is going to be my daily driver for the first time since we got it for the next month - the mrs has just had abdominal surgery.

Before she went in, she started to play with the 'save' button for part of her commute (the 60mph A-road section). This has resulted in 102mpg the last tank, compared to the previous tank of 75mpg - totally unscientific I know, but interesting all the same.

Hope you enjoy driving it david1972. Congrats on starting a great topic and getting it to page 50 with your own post too :lol:

Thanks jdsx...a good idea pinched from elsewhere and a great excuse for rambling, random conversations about our phevs or other things :lol:

david1972 said:

Before she went in, she started to play with the 'save' button for part of her commute (the 60mph A-road section). This has resulted in 102mpg the last tank, compared to the previous tank of 75mpg - totally unscientific I know, but interesting all the same.

Always, when I know the charge will not be enough for my planned trip,
whenever on a motorway, I use "save", and watch the ICE driving the wheels
AND charging the battery at the same time.
I believe this is the optimal use of the PHEV at constant, high speed.
I then I use the saved battery for the city drive.

I also get much better mpg with such procedure.

So, I can only confirm, your mrs is spot on with her "playing".

I wish her fast recovery.

PolishPilot said:
david1972 said:

So, I can only confirm, your mrs is spot on with her "playing".

I wish her fast recovery.

Thanks for the good wishes and info

The little light is really useful when the car is very dark as it just highlights everything like the drinks in the middle

Has to be dark in the car though for it to be any use. Had the same thing in my last mini and my last bmw

Back