What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Neverfuel, I do live in a hilly area,so the engine has been working and pumping the fuel.
Regards Col.

Or rather what has my PHEV done to me today!

Some time ago I made a modest contribution to the website running costs and today received a rather nice site-branded metal water flask for use when hiking etc. in return - thank you.

I got one, too. But what are you supposed to do with the black and white stickers? No, I'm not sticking them there, before you suggest it!!!

Regulo said:
I got one, too. But what are you supposed to do with the black and white stickers? No, I'm not sticking them there, before you suggest it!!!

I suppose they might be for the "fuel" flap in case other users get confused :lol:

Spent 9 EUR for a rubber mat and 3 EUR for some adhesive velcro, cut both down to the right fit and conquered the slippery of the boot.

2zzm7wg.jpg

2q03xnr.jpg

Also bought me a ICCB board for a few EUR from Germany (German manufacturer),
programmed it to 12Amps., sliped it into an inner tube of a motorbike tire and sealed it with hose clamps.

This rests behind a window blind next to my parking spot outside my house and gives me a 50% faster charge than the original ICCB.
I could code it to 16 Amp. (or 14.6 Amp, which is Outi's max. anyways), but I need some juice left in my livingroom for other things ;)

4kjy4x.jpg

261oknq.jpg

Kim said:
Also bought me a ICCB board for a few EUR from Germany (German manufacturer),
Interesting. Can you share more details, such as price and which manufacturer / reseller?
Can you program the amps yourself?

BTW: How do you get 50% faster charging when you go from 10 to 12 amps? I would think it would be 20% faster?

The manufacturer is Bettermann, but I did get hold of a second hand one in the biggest german written e-car forum.

For me it's 50% because the Swiss versions of the Mitsu-ICCB are 8 Amps only......

The Bettermann can be coded via resistor on the board. Originally it came with a potentiometer with which you can regulate the PWM signal from 6 Amps to 32 Amps.

Because I wanted to save space, I ditched the poti and put in a resistor to code the PWM-signal fix to 11.8 Amps exactly.

Two things this week:-

Firstly - encountered the Rapid Charger at Heston Services trying to unsuccessfully restore itself after previous user had used the emergency disconnect (large red below display) button. Trick is to turn it one quarter to the right and it "pops out" again. Although this meant I could connect up myself, there was a problem initialising with the car and before I could resolve this a Leaf arrived and I took pity on him and let him have the charger instead. :lol:

Secondly - after several months of parking for free on the out-of-order charging bay in Temple Place, Westminster, I have received a ticket for "parking in an electric charging place without charging" :cry: I have challenged this on the basis that I couldn't charge anyway but other central London users are warned that the council appear to be becoming more stringent as the number of EV cars increases.

greendwarf said:
Two things this week:-

Firstly - encountered the Rapid Charger at Heston Services trying to unsuccessfully restore itself after previous user had used the emergency disconnect (large red below display) button. Trick is to turn it one quarter to the right and it "pops out" again. Although this meant I could connect up myself, there was a problem initialising with the car and before I could resolve this a Leaf arrived and I took pity on him and let him have the charger instead. :lol:

Secondly - after several months of parking for free on the out-of-order charging bay in Temple Place, Westminster, I have received a ticket for "parking in an electric charging place without charging" :cry: I have challenged this on the basis that I couldn't charge anyway but other central London users are warned that the council appear to be becoming more stringent as the number of EV cars increases.

I guess it will be similar to parking at a parking meter that is broken, its still an offence as stupid as its seems.

BobEngineer said:

I guess it will be similar to parking at a parking meter that is broken, its still an offence as stupid as its seems.

Are you sure about that? It isn't round here...

maby said:
BobEngineer said:

Are you sure about that? It isn't round here...

no I am not sure, just a guess. Local authorities don't usually miss an opportunity for revenue.

Having taken delivery of my GX4h in amethyst black two weeks ago, I have been spending time just 'getting to know each other'. Today I ordered a dog guard for the new 'beastie'. Never had one before in previous cars and have always used a crate for the dogs, but popped the crate into the boot of this one and the noise of it rattling drove me nuts! The relative silence of the PHEV makes all extraneous noise more evident and, in some cases, intolerable! Loose change for parking is another one that has grated on me, so now have a little pouch for the coins. This car is giving me a form of noise related OCD!

Our phev was 1 yesterday!

By chance, we also had our first real long journey, so thought I'd take the chance to measure mpg.

Edinburgh and back in a day, no plug in after leaving home, 41mpg brim to brim is the result. Not bad for a journey up and down the A68 in essentially a petrol auto 4x4

Kim said:
The manufacturer is Bettermann, but I did get hold of a second hand one in the biggest german written e-car forum.

For me it's 50% because the Swiss versions of the Mitsu-ICCB are 8 Amps only......

The Bettermann can be coded via resistor on the board. Originally it came with a potentiometer with which you can regulate the PWM signal from 6 Amps to 32 Amps.

Because I wanted to save space, I ditched the poti and put in a resistor to code the PWM-signal fix to 11.8 Amps exactly.

Found the adjustable ICCB mentioned on this website

http://www.ladesystemtechnik.eu/ev-plug-technologies/37/ladesteuerung-mit-potenziometer?c=20

Today I lost my rapid charge virginity.

Had an Ecotricity card in the car since getting it but never really had time or inclination to try it. Today on a long 175 mile trip I stopped for a bite etc, still had a fair bit of charge saved, maybe 30-40% so though it wouldn't take long.

Already parked in the other bay was an identical to mine White GX4 except it was even scruffier. Not charging, just taking advantage of the premium parking spot. Naughty!

After working out which cable it was and a bit of fiddle to lock it in the panel started asking for me to validate it (I had already scanned the card once already) I tried pressing buttons them realised it wanted the card waving again, then off it went. It took me up to 95% according to the display in about 15/20 minutes. It did seem to help my consumption although I was inside lane cruising most the time as it was busy. Finished the 175 miles showing 48.5 mpg for the day!!!

Ordered GX4H in Orient Red on Saturday and read the 54 pages of this thread in the last hour or so :geek:

Had test drive in 15MY and then 16MY model on Saturday.

Car not due 'til just after middle of November and time has already stood still!

Have replaced the plastic moulding between the fog light and the bumper with an LED ring DRL. Classy mod, and the EBay item fitted perfectly into the bumper using the original clips. Look for 2013-15 Outlander LED, DRL.

Back