What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PHEV instruments can not be wrong. Trip was done in B0 with normal traffic. Made no special effort to push any buttons, paddles or drive super carefully, but I did not drive recklessly. Ended up with only 3 ECO leaves. Maybe if I had been in ECO mode would have given me more. :cool: :lol:

gwatpe said:
The PHEV instruments can not be wrong. Trip was done in B0 with normal traffic. Made no special effort to push any buttons, paddles or drive super carefully, but I did not drive recklessly. Ended up with only 3 ECO leaves. Maybe if I had been in ECO mode would have given me more. :cool: :lol:

God bless Mr Atkinson then!

Went mad and decided to do a motorway charge as I needed a wee anyway..

No joy, chock full of Leaf's blocking the spaces. Well I tried to save the rain forest!

BobEngineer said:

No joy, chock full of Leaf's blocking the spaces. Well I tried to save the rain forest!

Sorry Bob - I am sure we will see more and more leaf's as the nights draw in - it is Autumn after all! :lol:

Neverfuel said:
BobEngineer said:

Sorry Bob - I am sure we will see more and more leaf's as the nights draw in - it is Autumn after all! :lol:

A quality 'Dad joke' no less.

BobEngineer said:
Neverfuel said:
BobEngineer said:

A quality 'Dad joke' no less.

I like your style :lol:

gwatpe said:
O dear, I so much would like to contribute this achievement completely to the "no Save or Charge" style of driving as I am promoting. But .... we are aware that the low water mark for SOC might be higher at 80 km/h than at 60 km/h? You may have used a few % of SOC during your trip ....

Today was the first time I took my PHEV to the double fuel warning and had to put 8.57 gallons/39 litres in the tank :eek:

Unfortunately this refuel brought out my worst figures to date for the PHEV, clocking only 495 miles or 797 km :oops:

That's a paltry 57.75 eMPG or 4.91 Litres per 100km :cry:

This was due to the fact that 420 of those miles were related to my 120 mile round trip commute, with only 75 miles associated with local driving :x

My office really needs to install charge stations, which was supposed to happen this year, yet it's now near the end of October, so guess that's unlikely :roll:

Which one would be your choice?
I once had really nice chrome valve caps fitted onto my silver SAAB - looked really great. Then one day I parked up and got back to find that all four valve caps had been replaced with tacky black 'ordinary' ones. That was the first, last and only time I tried that little touch! Did the same with the lad's BMX, he 'blinged' it up a bit including putting on skull head valve caps - left the bike chained up at school and came back to find his tyres flat and the skull heads gone!

Kim said:
Which one would be your choice?

I put nice aluminium MG logo caps on my MG. They corroded on in no time at all and I struggled to get them off without damaging the valve stems! It now has boring plastic caps again. :roll:

david1972 said:
Claymore said:
david1972 said:
wall mounted charger is fixed - we have one of the best available apparently, but had just been 'unlucky' with a component fail - the neutral had fried :shock:

Which one is that?

Will check for you tomorrow mate; all locked up tonight and it's raining out there

Sorry for delay - it's a Rolec 32A unit - the reason its one of the best (apparently) is that if it fails, all that needs replacing is the failed component and not the whole unit, which can be the case with other marques apparently

Pulled into Hopwood services for a charge just as a lazy family in a scruffy MPV pulled into the charging bay, had the surprisingly pleasurable fun of blasting horn and gesticulation to them to shift it! only to find it broken anyway, it was stuck 'charging' an invisible car. As the the other bay was now free moved over. Just finished in time to hand the bay over to a couple in an identical PHEV.

I must admit I am quite getting into these quick charges, yes it doesn't get you far in itself, but it considerably raises your average MPG for the day and I had no idea it was so quick, 20 minutes tops for me, long enough for a wee and to sit in the car having a snack and dealing with some emails.

david1972 said:
Sorry for delay - it's a Rolec 32A unit - the reason its one of the best (apparently) is that if it fails, all that needs replacing is the failed component and not the whole unit, which can be the case with other marques apparently

I'm glad about that David - I ordered a 32A Rolec unit last week.

JimB

Got the dreaded "Engine started to maintain fuel system" message this weekend ruining my 100% EV driving record. As I don't now do any long journeys and its not cold enough to need the Gx3 heater, I've got to drive around polluting Sarf London to use up enough fuel to even put the 15 litres into the tank :?

Only plus side is that I can really enjoy "flooring it" away from the lights etc. with impunity to burn up the "excess" petrol :lol:

greendwarf said:
Got the dreaded "Engine started to maintain fuel system" message this weekend ruining my 100% EV driving record. As I don't now do any long journeys and its not cold enough to need the Gx3 heater, I've got to drive around polluting Sarf London to use up enough fuel to even put the 15 litres into the tank :?

Only plus side is that I can really enjoy "flooring it" away from the lights etc. with impunity to burn up the "excess" petrol :lol:

How often will it do that if you otherwise manage to avoid starting the ice?

JimB

Claymore said:
greendwarf said:

JimB

Sorry JimB - do what? :?

greendwarf said:

JimB

Sorry JimB - do what? :?[/quote]

Sorry, I meant how often will it decide to burn the 15 litres of fuel if you'd been lucky enough to avoid starting the engine for a sufficient period?

JimB

Back