What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped it into the repair shop after an accident yesterday. Probably won't see it again for at least 3 weeks. Needs a new wing, door and sill repaired. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BobEngineer said:
Dropped it into the repair shop after an accident yesterday. Probably won't see it again for at least 3 weeks. Needs a new wing, door and sill repaired. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Since they are all bolt-ons, there really is no justification for it taking more than 3 days!

maby said:
BobEngineer said:

Since they are all bolt-ons, there really is no justification for it taking more than 3 days!

True. But sadly the good old UK is short of people that want to do trades that involve getting your hands dirty these days, there are not many decent repairers that are not perpetually snowed under. Parts are likely to be a problem too, from some of the issues with Mitsubishi spares I have seen others have here, I can imagine it taking months!!!

BobEngineer said:
maby said:
BobEngineer said:

True. But sadly the good old UK is short of people that want to do trades that involve getting your hands dirty these days, there are not many decent repairers that are not perpetually snowed under. Parts are likely to be a problem too, from some of the issues with Mitsubishi spares I have seen others have here, I can imagine it taking months!!!

Do let us know what happens with spares. It will be revealing to see whether the problems in delivering them are true for all Outlander parts or just those specific to the PHEV. I would have thought most body parts would be shared across the range so it may be that some are kept in the UK and are available more quickly.

Neverfuel said:
Also let us know what the quality of the repair is like. Sorry to hear about your accident.

Will do. Memo to self - 'always remember you parked close to a very low wall before driving off' :oops:

BobEngineer said:
Neverfuel said:
Also let us know what the quality of the repair is like. Sorry to hear about your accident.

Will do. Memo to self - 'always remember you parked close to a very low wall before driving off' :oops:

... and always check for knocked over rubbish containers! :oops:

Regulo said:
And check the reversing camera for stray shopping trolleys before reversing! :oops: :oops:

Possibly relatives of that lamp post that jumped out while I was reversing! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I had dealer repair mine recently - new rear door skin and rear wing - done in 3 days at a few days notice, so I assume panels were available in-country. Only problem was bodged re-paint getting over-spray all over car inside & out (still to be resolved :evil: ) cost £1000.

Claymore said:
greendwarf said:
How often will it do that if you otherwise manage to avoid starting the ice?

JimB

Sorry JimB - do what? :?

Sorry, I meant how often will it decide to burn the 15 litres of fuel if you'd been lucky enough to avoid starting the engine for a sufficient period?

JimB[/quote]

Runs engine in Charge mode until you put 15 litres in rather than wait to burn that amount off.

Dont get it wrong, guys.
You do not need to BURN 15 liters off,
the motor stops when you REFILL 15 liters in your tank!

Mine started once and shut off right away when I refueled 20 liters at the next petrol station 150 meters away...!

I found out it will be another week without my PHEV :cry: :cry: :cry: , they could get the wing, they could get the PHEV badge (a lot of people don't like it but I quite do) but the door is taking longer to get. I got the impression they may be getting the parts already factory painted so just need fitting. Perhaps as the PHEV comes in so few colours this is more practical.

Meanwhile I am in a Seat Alabama, and you thought the PHEV was big!! I have already adopted the 'skip mentality' as the boot is so massive I am just chucking stuff in and carrying all my gear instead of being orderly and selective as I have to with my PHEV.

To be honest the ride is slightly better than the PHEV and its also quiet, but I miss the effortless traction of my PHEV, a quick pull away in this means nothing happens, then the engine climbs, then the auto box engages with too much torque and the wheels scrabble. It needs concentration instead of routine PHEV pedal to the metal.

Good news :) - Got my PHEV back today after 16 days :shock: for new wing and door, main delay was parts.

Bad news :cry: - the plastic sill isn't right, its been repainted fine but I suspect they broke some of the fixings or
mounts and its not sitting correctly or as solid as the other. Probably hoped I wouldn't spot it :evil: .

Will use it for now :lol: but they will have to get a new one and fit it later, who knows how long that will take :roll: .

Moral of the story :idea: - don't break your PHEV!!! :oops:

BobEngineer said:
Good news :) - Got my PHEV back today after 16 days :shock: for new wing and door, main delay was parts.

Bad news :cry: - the plastic sill isn't right, its been repainted fine but I suspect they broke some of the fixings or
mounts and its not sitting correctly or as solid as the other. Probably hoped I wouldn't spot it :evil: .

Will use it for now :lol: but they will have to get a new one and fit it later, who knows how long that will take :roll: .

Moral of the story :idea: - don't break your PHEV!!! :oops:

Good to hear you are back on the road, I bet it was like waiting for the car when you first got it. I had to do without mine for 2 days this week to have a new tyre fitted - I was gutted. On the up side, I have reacquainted myself with my wife's car. It has some really clever devices in it that I had forgotten about - keys, gears, clutch! :lol:

Yesterday went to Guys Hospital in London and parked, as usual in the nearby NCP offsetting the £21 fee by charging up for free. When I returned there was a plug-in Prius charging alongside.

What I noticed was the repeat of the "design fault" with the charging cable i.e. the section from the 3 pin to the control box being too short thus putting strain on it due to the unsupported weight of the box (see previous posts about damage). With the Toyota you don't get the hanging cord to minimise the problem :oops: Yet another reason to laugh at Prius owners :lol:

Same again today - this time a EV Merc - short lead with weight of control box hanging from plug and no support cord :lol:

Don't these manufacturers even learn from each other :eek:

Back