What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I TOOK DELIVERY 1 HOUR AGO !! :cool: :lol:

333miles on the clock, pre-registered June 2015.

Cup of tea, then into the car to play . . . . .

Jeff

jthspace said:
I TOOK DELIVERY 1 HOUR AGO !! :cool: :lol:

333miles on the clock, pre-registered June 2015.

Cup of tea, then into the car to play . . . . .

Jeff

Welcome Jeff. Good choice of colour and spec, btw!

wall mounted charger is fixed - we have one of the best available apparently, but had just been 'unlucky' with a component fail - the neutral had fried :shock:

today I managed to silence the irritating beeps from changing the menu switches... great
I can navigate the menu without the loud noise

1. Ordered PODpoint charger for the car - after Government subsidy, £285 fitted. Awaiting date for the install.

2. Changed the high-beam for Osram +110's. Fitting was O.K., little awkward to get the screw out of the near-side unit as difficult to see. Came out "by feel" but lost the little blighter when refitting. Heard it "tinkle" as it went through the maze of ledges and corners, never to be seen again. I had moved the washer filler to one side on the off-side, simple matter of un-popping the plastic fixing.

3. Fitted Cree sidelights. Straight fit, no issues. Off-side was easy as I am right handed and could origami my arm around the bends. Near-side, I had to unbolt the small fuse box and lay it to one side. Left arm was not as flexible and it was a bit awkward to get to the bulb holder and twist undone. Forgot to take my watch off and, of course, that got jammed as well. Fitted O.K. and now nice and bright.

Total time was about 40 minutes but could do it in 20 now I have done it once. Will hopefully never have to do it again, of course . . .

Awaiting delivery of the LED Angel Eyes for the DRL modification, I will try and take photo's of that one and post in the Mod section.

Jeff

The LED angel eyes must be what I have just installed. These replace the plastic trim in front of the Fog lamps. I am really impressed with the ones I have. Perfect fit into the clip holes in the bumper. :eek:

I have gone for the ones Nixtrix fitted here:

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1668&hilit=angel+eye

From eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281595738...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=281595738517&_rdc=1

I may make a slight mod and leave the original DRL illuminated as well, wait to see what it looks like with and without original bulb.

Hope to get reversing sensors fitted next week, colour matched. I have the reversing camera but I like the audio feedback as well. The camera on the Outlander is VERY fish-eye and will get some getting used to.

Jeff

levant said:
today I managed to silence the irritating beeps from changing the menu switches... great
I can navigate the menu without the loud noise

How did you do that? All these beeps are driving me nuts! :?

Took delivery of MY16 GX4h in Orient Red.
I have been following the Forum activities for several weeks since ordering early September (seems much longer!)
Great to have so much expert advice.

Claymore said:
david1972 said:
wall mounted charger is fixed - we have one of the best available apparently, but had just been 'unlucky' with a component fail - the neutral had fried :shock:

Which one is that?

Will check for you tomorrow mate; all locked up tonight and it's raining out there

Oscarman said:
Took delivery of MY16 GX4h in Orient Red.
I have been following the Forum activities for several weeks since ordering early September (seems much longer!)
Great to have so much expert advice.

I wish red had been an option when we got ours

I test-drove my latest Torque Pro based dashboard today :p . This one shows:

Front Torque (Nm)
Front Power (kW)
Front Force at the tarmac (N)

Rear Torque (Nm)
Rear Power (kW)
Rear Force at the tarmac (N)

Total Power (kW)
Total force at tarmac (N)
Power distribution Fron / Rear (%)

First bit is parallel hybrid drive
Second bit is EV drive
Third bit is parallel hybrid drive
Last bit is parallel hybrid drive in 4WD Lock mode

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8j2gx0orwa7uje/TORQUEPRO.MOV?dl=0

Went for a drive with an empty battery.

Ran the battery down to --:-- and then pressed the fuel trip reset gauge when the ICE started. Atechnique used by others for this comparison. This was to do a 25km, 60kph bit hilly and bit windy test with only petrol supplying the energy. Started out for first 3km at 80kph. In the 60kph region, there was a downhill section and then an equivalent uphill, with a town section and 60kph max for about 22km.

Pics, drum roll :-

3_7_Lper100km.gif

I was quite surprised as well.

No nasty stored solar power to confuse the petrol numbers.

Speed plays such a big part in any comparisons. Equivalent longer journeys at highway speeds has only returned an average of about 8L/100km at 110kph with passenger and some luggage.

gwatpe said:
Went for a drive with an empty battery.

Ran the battery down to --:-- and then pressed the fuel trip reset gauge when the ICE started. Atechnique used by others for this comparison. This was to do a 25km, 60kph bit hilly and bit windy test with only petrol supplying the energy. Started out for first 3km at 80kph. In the 60kph region, there was a downhill section and then an equivalent uphill, with a town section and 60kph max for about 22km.

Pics, drum roll :-

3_7_Lper100km.gif

I was quite surprised as well.

No nasty stored solar power to confuse the petrol numbers.

Speed plays such a big part in any comparisons. Equivalent longer journeys at highway speeds has only returned an average of about 8L/100km at 110kph with passenger and some luggage.

76mpg? no way! :cool:

Back