Airport parking?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipper

We will soon be using airport parking where they take your key and park the car and then you collect the keys on your return. (Wife booked the parking before we got the PHEV and it was booked for our old BMW!)

Has anyone had any issues with the parking monkeys not knowing how to 'drive' the car?

Apart from there being no engine noise when you press the start button, it's really no different to drive than any modern automatic so I wouldn't expect there to be an issue.

My old car had keyless / push button and when left at the airport and I pointed it out, I was told its very common and the drivers have seen almost every combination, so no problem.

Tipper said:
We will soon be using airport parking where they take your key and park the car and then you collect the keys on your return. (Wife booked the parking before we got the PHEV and it was booked for our old BMW!)

Has anyone had any issues with the parking monkeys not knowing how to 'drive' the car?

I would give them a quick lesson if I were you - parking monkeys are cheap and expendable, the chances of every one of them knowing how to start and drive the PHEV is pretty remote. Quick lesson on close door, foot on brake, power on, wait for ready, then drive. Point out the fact that it has no gears. Show shutdown procedure, Brake, P, then power. Show opening and locking procedure. Make sure you photograph the mileage, just in case they like the car and want to take an extended test drive. Also record your current and best mpg figure, because it will be knackered by the time you get back! :lol:

You are making it too complicated. It is the same as any automatic car. Start: Foot on the brake and push On until Ready comes on, shift to Drive and go, Off:stop the car and hit the power button. No need for anything else and fully intuitive.
My car has been valet-parked in various places many times and it has never been a problem. Besides: you may “instruct” the guy who is going to park your car, but how are you going to do so with the driver that will retrieve it?

It is far more important that there is enough power left in the main battery for the daily recharge of the auxiliary battery. If you park the car completely empty you may find after a few weeks that it will not start.

Back