An observation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulo

I'd just like to say what an interesting and friendly forum this is turning into. I belong to many online forums, and this has to be the friendliest among all of them. And from the four corners of the earth! Even Aussies are being nice. ;) . There, that's going to spoil it!!!!!!

Thanks Ray. I will take that as a compliment. :cool: but ......

The new car experience is certainly tarnished for me at the moment. The months are certainly dragging by now and still no word on what is being done. Mitsubishi reputation in the public relations department is rock bottom for me at present. Just need to provide me with a replacement PHEV without problems and to manufacturers new car specs to get me in line with the praises others are singing.

I'm sorry you're having such trouble, I've been following your woes with interest. Why this situation ever gets this complicated defies all logic. It'd be so much easier for Mitsu to replace your car, and then dissect your original at their leisure, to get to the root of the problem. Who knows, they might learn something.

gwatpe said:
Thanks Ray. I will take that as a compliment. :cool: but ......

The new car experience is certainly tarnished for me at the moment. The months are certainly dragging by now and still no word on what is being done. Mitsubishi reputation in the public relations department is rock bottom for me at present. Just need to provide me with a replacement PHEV without problems and to manufacturers new car specs to get me in line with the praises others are singing.

qwatpe,

There may be an opportunity to use the forum (477 users) to add some positive persuasion with Mitsubishi. We all ultimately want good customer service from Mitsubishi, and it seems reasonable that a replacement vehicle in some instances is the best solution all round. Why not set up an on-line petition/letter addressed to dealer or head office and give people on the forum an opportunity to sign it. It might help Mitsubishi acknowledge that the positive sales of their PHEV are being supported and encouraged by grass roots such as this site and it's members.

I'm sure the administrators of the site would need to keep it (the petition) a separate site, however if you even capture half of the members you've got two hundred signatures supporting you. Whether we like it or not we are a bit fanatical, in a positive way I might add - why not use that to our positive advantage. Go on Mitsubishi "do the right thing!"

Newspaperboy

As a possible buyer (still) I agree this is a level headed and informative forum. THANKS

I can only agree.

You cannot imagine, how far away this forum is (in a positive way) from some aviation forums
I participate in.

It is probably true:
just nice people drive PHEV. :)

PolishPilot said:
I can only agree.

You cannot imagine, how far away this forum is (in a positive way) from some aviation forums
I participate in.

It is probably true:
just nice people drive PHEV. :)

I take it you use pprune?

tjacobsen said:
I do agree with you!
it seams that only nice people buy PHEVs :)

Sure it has a lot to do with how chilled out you need to be to benefit from the PHEV's optimum driving style. Lots of reasons why I decided to go for this car, but the main one is to slow down and stop getting involved with other nutters on the road. I don't think the nutters would get any benefit from owning this kind of car. I'm finding it a complete joy to drive. Also very nice to hear how the other owners on here are getting along.

I agree this is a friendly and informative forum with lots of good advice and observations freely given and happily received.
One observation I have noted is the attention that the vehicle attracts at charging points.
There are owners of various vehicles that take immense interest in the size and style of the Mitsubishi PHEV especially when in one case I spoke with someone looking to occasionally tow, another person who delivers electric cars all over the U.K. and Ireland who had never driven the PHEV but wanted to feel what the paddles were like and some taxi drivers of the chinese BYD electric taxi model that seem to hog the charging points near London especially Heston Services on the M4 as they keep charging up there to be close for the Heathrow fares.
I feel quite guilty now going to the loo or to get a coffee when there are people who want to speak and find out more about the car.
I've even directed them to this forum.
Loving my first three weeks with the PHEV, have learned so much, suits my driving style perfectly and have never enjoyed music in the car as much as I have with the relative silence instead of engine noise intrusion.

Interesting - perhaps it's a London thing - I don't think anyone has paid any attention to ours yet...

Back