Average EV, kWh/100km display

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

I don't get the opportunity to drive EV only much, and recently this has changed. I had hoped the display of average EV on the split screen window might have been useful. I had assumed that the number displayed was affected by the ICE operation, but it is just as useless in EV only driving. It is not an average, but seems to display a seemingly random number that changes every km or so. The number is not an average of anything.

Does the 2016 PHEV show any real average that would be useful?

Like you already discovered, the numbers shown by the BC are an aprox. of the last 1000 meters.
And therefor completely useless information.
I even tried to add all the 35 numbers on a 35 km trip to add them up and make a somewhat more usefull aproximation.
But still it didn't really add up after all and showed a little less than I actually used.

I'm very much hoping that this will be a feature in the EvBaMon APP some day soon... ;)
Since it's not really a big of a deal to implement that; all necessary data is avail. through the OBDII port.

Back