Beeping while standing still or driving under 20km/h. Help šŸ«¢

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hei , maybe someone knows this beeping? Sound is coming not from speakers. Beeping while car standing (turn on) or driving slow. Stops after passing 20km/h speed and starts every time then I slow down or stop šŸ˜…

Hi!

What is the device plugged into the cigarette lighter socket?

(Looks like something sticking out in the tray down the bottom of your attached video.)

Could that be beeping to say that it is charging up?

Failing that being the culprit, there is a simple trick for finding where a noise is coming from in a car.

Assuming you don't have a mechanic's stethoscope, just cut a length of hose or tubing about 50 cm long.

Hold one end to your ear, and move the other end around until you find where the sound is loudest.

:)

Hi!

What is the device plugged into the cigarette lighter socket?

(Looks like something sticking out in the tray down the bottom of your attached video.)

Could that be beeping to say that it is charging up?

Failing that being the culprit, there is a simple trick for finding where a noise is coming from in a car.

Assuming you don't have a mechanic's stethoscope, just cut a length of hose or tubing about 50 cm long.

Hold one end to your ear, and move the other end around until you find where the sound is loudest.

:)
Hei ,
In cigarette lighter socket- it is just plastic cap (cover)
It is nothing on a seats , seat belts are okay, all doors closed, key is inside.
I read previously comments but most off people get beeping while driving and I am only while standing (driving slow) I turn off gps speed control and all sensors in front , did not help ā€¦ šŸ«¢

Does yours have the sonar and collision/blind spot systems installed?

Worth turning those off and see if that makes a difference. I find when stopped in traffic that those can trigger if a motorbike or pedestrian comes into the sensor field now and again.

Does yours have the sonar and collision/blind spot systems installed?

Worth turning those off and see if that makes a difference. I find when stopped in traffic that those can trigger if a motorbike or pedestrian comes into the sensor field now and again.
I turn off everything, still beeping. Non stop. I found out my trunk is not opening with key or button, also beeping twice. Is that related?

ahh could it be that the boot is jammed part open?
That might get it beeping to alert that a door isn't properly closed I guess.

ahh could it be that the boot is jammed part open?
That might get it beeping to alert that a door isn't properly closed I guess.
Today I drove a car for couple miles and beeping stopped it self. It came and went without any reasons.. but still can not open my trunk with key (spare key) or button from i side a car. Can do it manually, trunk locks it self (showing open/closed on dashboard)
Should I check something or just forget and ignore that beeping ? :)

Does your car have this little button next to where the keyholder is?

1706362547832.png

If off then the boot lid is manual and the button in the car and on the remote won't do anything.

Can't really say re the beeping, if there's no alerts displayed then perhaps ask when you're next at the dealer to see what they advise.

View attachment 1087

If off then the boot lid is manual and the button in the car and on the remote won't do anything.

Can't really say re the beeping, if there's no alerts displayed then perhaps ask when you're next at the dealer to see what they advise.
Dont have this button by keyslot (I drive 2014-5 outlander) , but will check maybe it is in another place , yesterday I press all buttons in car because off beeping so make sense if I just turn off something. Thanks for answers guys :)

OK. This one is a little 'left field' ...

I wonder if it is a variation of the Accoustic Vehicle Alert System (AVAS).

i.e. Beeping to alert pedestrians that the vehicle is moving.

Mine does the 'oobly-oobly' sound, similar to the Cylon warble from the early Battlestar Galactica.

I'm also intrigued that you don't have the button to disable the auto tail gate.

I've attached an image to show the location of mine.

I'd thought we had the same model, but I can see differences.

I'm wondering if you have any 'after market' accessories?

My TPMS does high pitched beeps that are similar.

Attachments

• Console and Radio scaled.jpg
    Console and Radio scaled.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 0
  • TPMS scaled.jpg
    TPMS scaled.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 0
Hei , maybe someone knows this beeping? Sound is coming not from speakers. Beeping while car standing (turn on) or driving slow. Stops after passing 20km/h speed and starts every time then I slow down or stop šŸ˜…
I had this? It was because the gearshift was not returning from drive to the central position. Now I just give it a little push back to the central position.

Mine does the 'oobly-oobly' sound, similar to the Cylon warble from the early Battlestar Galactica.

I'm also intrigued that you don't have the button to disable the auto tail gate.

Yes we have same model , or almost same :) I did found a button šŸ˜
Beeping stoped after 2 days , still not sure what happened or what to fix. Another guy said ā€œgear lever" wouldn't spring back to the centre position after selecting D . Will check with my mechanic šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø sound was so loud and annoying.

View attachment 1087

I specifically bought one with no automatic boot open. That was one of the terrible points in reviews, that these boot auto open are a big big problem when they do not open. And you had to pay Ā£2500 extra for that next model up to get this facility.

I specifically bought one with no automatic boot open. That was one of the terrible points in reviews, that these boot auto open are a big big problem when they do not open. And you had to pay Ā£2500 extra for that next model up to get this facility.
Really?
I like it so much I reconfigured the wiring so now the button on the back matches the driver's button. Also added a magnetic switch in parralel inside the rear bumper cover, so now with my arms full of beer (or groceries) I can open it by pressing my knee against it.
In fact I now can't open it manually, at least not by unlocking via a switch.

Really?
I like it so much I reconfigured the wiring so now the button on the back matches the driver's button. Also added a magnetic switch in parralel inside the rear bumper cover, so now with my arms full of beer (or groceries) I can open it by pressing my knee against it.
In fact I now can't open it manually, at least not by unlocking via a switch.
huh, you have a magnetic knee?!? :-O

Not quite, the magnetic switch is glued to the inside of the cover, the magnet arrangement is stuck on the towbar. When I press the plastic cover in , bingo!

Not quite, the magnetic switch is glued to the inside of the cover, the magnet arrangement is stuck on the towbar. When I press the plastic cover in , bingo!
Can you take a short video or a few pictures of that and add some schematics? I'm interested in doing the same.

I got rid of my AVAS. I took the one speaker (left) out to measure the resistance and found the speaker to be 4 ohms. So I soldered in 2 8 ohm 1 watt resistors in parallel. I Took off both connectors on the speakers and soldered the resistors across the 2 wires and plugged them into the wiring harness. No lights on the dash and no jet engine sound in my car port. Love the quiet, this was on my 2023 outlander.

Back