Beeping while standing still or driving under 20km/h. Help šŸ«¢

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you take a short video or a few pictures of that and add some schematics? I'm interested in doing the same.
It's a bit of a bastard getting to the controller under the electric motor so I will struggle to get motived to get in there again.

But I looked at the wiring diagrams from an online manual (Russian) to find the wire colour for the driver switch. Also identified the Boot hatch switch wire by looking at it.

They enter the connector on the controller next to each other so it was a cut and connect job to make the two buttons do the same thing. The magnetic switch came from a coffee machine and was to sense low water by a floating magnet. It is in parallel with the other switches and they all simply connect that controller wire to ground when pressed

I didn't read thru the thread but it could be the hood not securely locked or the hood sensor is defective.

Mike

I had an issue with my tailgate the other day.

I was reversing into a car park, and when I put on the brakes, the tailgate popped open and set off an alarm.

There was nothing in the boot, and I always let the car close and lock the tailgate, so I'm mystified how this can happen.

However, the alarm showed the 'tailgate open' picture on the dashboard, and you've reported that you're seeing no error messages...

There is a yellow icon appearing in the top centre of the Dashboard, it's out of focus, what is it?

It looks like it could be a bell shape.

(I've had a look at the Mitsubishi icons and suspect it's a yellow seatbelt warning light).

If it is, can you do the video again, but without all the known causes?

(i.e. put your seatbelt on before you start the car, take everything off the seats, make sure the doors are closed etc.)

It would also be really helpful if you could get the camera in focus.

There is a yellow icon appearing in the top centre of the Dashboard, it's out of focus, what is it?

It looks like it could be a bell shape.

(I've had a look at the Mitsubishi icons and suspect it's a yellow seatbelt warning light).

If it is, can you do the video again, but without all the known causes?

(i.e. put your seatbelt on before you start the car, take everything off the seats, make sure the doors are closed etc.)

It would also be really helpful if you could get the camera in focus.
Yellow icon at senter is Ā«possible ice conditionĀ» it is cold in Norway šŸ˜Š. I will try to make better video

Carrying anything remotely heavy on a seat (handbag?) can trigger the seat belt alarm. You could also try fastening all belts and see if it still chimes.

Aha!

Is the beeping a warning sound because of the icy conditions?

Looking on other forums, I can see many Mitsubishi owners complaining about the 'icy conditions beeping' sound, every time they turn their car on in winter.

(And it can't be turned off).

From the user manual:

POSSIBLE ICY ROADS​
Displayed with the sounding of buzzer when the ambient temperature is 3 Ā°C or less.​
If the warning buzzer does not sound when the combination meter displays 3 Ā°C, perform the troubleshooting for the freeze warning buzzer.​

I'm in Norway too, and the icy roads warning only beeps just after you start the car. It comes from the same place than all the usual beeps from the car and doesn't sound like the one on the video.

Aha!

Is the beeping a warning sound because of the icy conditions?

Looking on other forums, I can see many Mitsubishi owners complaining about the 'icy conditions beeping' sound, every time they turn their car on in winter.

(And it can't be turned off).

I'm in Norway too, and the icy roads warning only beeps just after you start the car. It comes from the same place than all the usual beeps from the car and doesn't sound like the one on the video.
Today was +4 C no warning about icy roads and still beeping šŸ˜‘

OK.

The next trick is to get a length of hose, or tubing about 1 metre long.

While the beeping is going off, hold one end to your ear, and move the other end around until you find the source of the beeps.

If you can get a picture of the source, or at least find the exact location, that will probably assist.

The only other thing I've found, is people complaining about a beeping sound that is caused by leaving the parking brake turned on.

In my car, the parking brake is just a lever on the console in the middle of the car, some cars may have a floor switch/pedal.

OK.

The next trick is to get a length of hose, or tubing about 1 metre long.

While the beeping is going off, hold one end to your ear, and move the other end around until you find the source of the beeps.

If you can get a picture of the source, or at least find the exact location, that will probably assist.

The only other thing I've found, is people complaining about a beeping sound that is caused by leaving the parking brake turned on.

In my car, the parking brake is just a lever on the console in the middle of the car, some cars may have a floor switch/pedal.
I give up , will update this post after diagnostik at mitsubishi senter :)

Hi, is there any 3rd party devices connect like maybe a Toll Road unit or something? It just doesnā€™t sound like a typical Mitzi beep for warnings etc.
Only one non original thing in my car is small round lights (it was changed to led ones) no devices is connected (sometimes use phone charger thats it) ā€¦

Only one non original thing in my car is small round lights (it was changed to led ones) no devices is connected (sometimes use phone charger thats it) ā€¦
Or whait I have tv in bought off seats and dvd player under seat , should I chech it , turn off or something ?

Does it have front parking sensors? I have them on mine and they are a dealer fitted aftermarket product. There is a switch on the side of the steering column to turn them on or off. If actuvated and left switched on, they will continue to bleep ever if the piwer is off.

Back