Best Ever EV Range

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My record is 44 miles and the new goal is now 50... all theoretical range ofc :)

11426378_1076928829002425_996457711714731693_n.jpg

I've had 36! Although I think it dropped about 9 miles in the first mile of actual driving.

For actual distance travelled the furthest I've got on pure EV is 29 miles.

Ha! I feel good now. On my first Sunday double round trip to mothers I did 29 miles overall - and 10.6kwH charged according to the Maplins plug thing I used to measure it :)

duplo said:
I've had 36! Although I think it dropped about 9 miles in the first mile of actual driving.

For actual distance travelled the furthest I've got on pure EV is 29 miles.

I've seen 36 miles as well, but as said that seems to disappear very quickly at the start of a journey. Of course that might have something to do with the number of steep inclines I have to deal with to go anywhere from home!

HOW?

After 2000 miles driving and regularly getting 4 Eco leaves I get a maximum 25miles from a fully charged battery?

steviechi said:
HOW?

After 2000 miles driving and regularly getting 4 Eco leaves I get a maximum 25miles from a fully charged battery?

Do you know how many KWh you are using to fully charge the battery?

steviechi said:
HOW?

25 genuine miles (as opposed to the usually ridiculous estimates) is pretty good - I reckon I'm doing ok at 22 miles. I have managed 29.5 miles, but only by driving it like a milkfloat.

duplo said:

For me, while I await a real home charging point, I have used a simple digital plug-in power meter but now I just bought an Efergy Ego to play with. Will try this at the weekend :)

duplo said:
I use 2 ways:
- kW counter on the wallbox ou external plug (real plug consumption)
- Use the MMSC charge counter to a know value and do the math after (charged energy)

How do I calc my 'real plug consumption'?
My wallbox has a kW counter so with a empty battery (~28%) yesterday I had:
185,22 (after charge) - 176,01 (before charge) = 9,21kWh (consumed energy)

11427205_1080867171941924_5964168385430462493_n.jpg

How do I calc my 'charged energy'?
I configured my MMCS to 0,1€/kWh and my last charge was:
0,89 / 0,1 = 8,9 kWh (energy that real entered the battery)

11406827_1080868135275161_322120856908686708_n.jpg

Conclusion: charger efficiency was 96% (4% energy loss)

maby said:
steviechi said:
HOW?

25 genuine miles (as opposed to the usually ridiculous estimates) is pretty good - I reckon I'm doing ok at 22 miles. I have managed 29.5 miles, but only by driving it like a milkfloat.

My journey home today was 27.2 miles, and I had 2 miles range remaining. Mixture of Roads including 8 miles motorway and 10 miles A roads. I keep the max speed at 50-55mph. Nice warm day and no air con. I can't see me getting better than that very often.

duplo said:
maby said:
steviechi said:
HOW?

My journey home today was 27.2 miles, and I had 2 miles range remaining. Mixture of Roads including 8 miles motorway and 10 miles A roads. I keep the max speed at 50-55mph. Nice warm day and no air con. I can't see me getting better than that very often.

And repeated in reverse this morning. 28 miles covered and three remaining this time. :D

This morning I had 57km on the display, after 1km downhill it was already down to 51 ;-)

Yesterday, I did four 'runs'. All pure EV. The warm weather is definitively (or should I use definitely here? :oops: ) making a huge difference.

The first run was in the morning and was 40.5 km. in the end. I had 3 or 4 km left.

There was plenty of time to recharge for my second run which was in the afternoon, when it was about 28 deg C. Predicted range was 44 km. After driving again 40.5 km, I had 7 km left when I got home.

Three hours later, in the early evening, I left for my third run, 42.8 km to drop of my kid at a party. Predicted range 54 km :p This was the first time I had more than 52 km predicted range. Also, it was the first trip with my new iCarsoft i909 scanner hooked up. On the turning point, total distance (driven plus range left) had increased to 57 km. When I got home, I still had 12 km range left. I have made the same run several times, and only a few times I managed to make it across and even then with only 1 or 2 km left.

After 2 hours and 5 minutes of charging, I took off again to pick up my kid again. Interestingly, the battery gauge in the car was full but the car did not report a "Charge complete". The i909 told me the SOC was 100% and indeed, current capacity (health) and remaining capacity where reported the same. But it also still reported a 9A charge current, which I did not expect. As soon as I removed the charge cable, all numbers on the display went to N/A. (Appaerently, the BMU goes to sleep, when nothing goes on). Predicted range was 55 km. During this trip, total distance increased to 58 km and slowly dropped again. On the way back, I did some tests to see how much regen power I could generate. Obviously, this came at a price. At the end I had 9 km left.

All trips had no motorway involved, but for sure this was my best EV day until now.

Yesterday I actually got past the 30 mile mark for the first time (30.3) before ICE started. Lots of stop start town driving. Predicted range at the start was 27 temperature was 21 degrees. I will now be trying to beat MMC brochure figure of 32.5. My best before this was 28.9.

t3lmo said:
duplo said:
I use 2 ways:
- kW counter on the wallbox ou external plug (real plug consumption)
- Use the MMSC charge counter to a know value and do the math after (charged energy)

How do I calc my 'real plug consumption'?
My wallbox has a kW counter so with a empty battery (~28%) yesterday I had:
185,22 (after charge) - 176,01 (before charge) = 9,21kWh (consumed energy)

11427205_1080867171941924_5964168385430462493_n.jpg

How do I calc my 'charged energy'?
I configured my MMCS to 0,1€/kWh and my last charge was:
0,89 / 0,1 = 8,9 kWh (energy that real entered the battery)

11406827_1080868135275161_322120856908686708_n.jpg

Conclusion: charger efficiency was 96% (4% energy loss)

Same conclusion for me (I have a certified counter too) : to know the real cost, we have to multiply the MMCS data by ~ 1,04.

In your photo I see a well-known value : 1,38 € witch is a maximum possible displayed cost when you put 0,10 € per kWh. So it is more than the possible value (10 kWh = 1,00 €)
I had exactly the same 1,38 when I tried 0,10 € per kWh... Wonder how the 1,38 is calculated ...
For June I tried to put 1,00 € per kWh, and the maximum possible value became 3,46 €.
This time it is not enough to show a full charge ... For me it's a real bug. Even if I reset all the datas, the MMCS keeps to show this kind of max value ...

Example here : https://flic.kr/p/tDqoAQ

Perhaps, the 1.04 factor is related to losses in the On Board Charger, which are known to be 4.5%. Both the battery and the OBC have their own ECU. Question is, which one is responsible for drawing this graph. If it was the OBC, it would not be able to take into account energy from Fast Chargers. If it was the BMU, it would not 'see' the 4.5 loss in the OBC.

No prizes for the estimated range number. The photo you posted has 36miles. ;) I am still hoping to get 100km on the guestimate. :lol: Have been close, but no camera for a photo. Best EV range is actual driven range, not the guestimate. I have had 52km driven, so am happy. Not really worried about it any more. Maintaining the long term battery capacity is of more use. Only with a log of the measured battery capacity over time will we work out a strategy that fits out driving styles. the i909 that anko has may be a viable tool for this.

Back