Button on the end of the light stalk

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollycat

I was hoping this was to flash the high beams, but apparently not so. I can't find the manual, anyone know what it does?

Ollycat said:
I was hoping this was to flash the high beams, but apparently not so. I can't find the manual, anyone know what it does?

It washes the headlights, doesn't it? I think it only works if the lights are on...

I do wish that the car had a more conventional dipping mechanism - a three position stalk with high beam, low beam and flash. The current mechanism is probably my greatest single criticism in terms of driveability.

maby said:
Ollycat said:

It washes the headlights, doesn't it? I think it only works if the lights are on...

I do wish that the car had a more conventional dipping mechanism - a three position stalk with high beam, low beam and flash. The current mechanism is probably my greatest single criticism in terms of driveability.

Yeah, it does wash the headlights. The headlight washers also activate when the windscreen washers are used, as long as the headlights are on.

Re the main beam / flash, I've found that it only needs a really light pull to make it flash, I usually end up putting the main beam on when all I mean to do is give a quick flash.

Yes, flashing someone tends to be a bit hit and miss as to how much of their retinas you take out...

And how much washer fluid does this car go through! 5 squirts, 1 squirt, headlamps, no deadlamps - random...

Let's face it there are loads of very annoying things caused by either bad planning, ignorance or cost saving.
I agree with the h/lamp flasher. I am always blinding people. Non illuminated minor control buttons. Tinny bodywork, no power socket in the boot.
The list goes on and on.
But it is still a fun car to drive and the complicated nature of operating it will, I am sure, keep Alzheimers at bay as far as I am concerned :lol: (I hope!)

maby said:
Ollycat said:

Something that changed on the 2016 version?

jaapv said:
maby said:
Ollycat said:

Something that changed on the 2016 version?

Is it? Wouldn't do me much good anyway - I have no intention of changing!

In that case: Pulling the stalk lightly will flash the lights, pulling it all the way will switch the lights.

Back