Can not get the car in pairing mode (for the app)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hovder

It is impossible to start setting up the remote app om my Outlander. The car does not make a sound after pressing the key 10 times..., and then I get an error message when *I try to connect the app... I have tried at least 50 times, AND I have done it FAST! But no result! Is there a way of restarting the WIFI system? The network does not show up on my /android) phone...

The instructions on what to do are:

(Perform this operation while the driver-side door is closed.)
Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 30 seconds, press LOCK and then UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 10 times in total.

From your initial comment it seems you might just have pressed one of the buttons and not alternated between the two of them.

CJ

You CANT register the APP with the car UNTIL the WIFI connection has been made - if your device can't see the Cars WiFi SSID ( usually something like "Remote54xxx" then restart your device completely... if it still can't see it try entering the SSID as a hidden Service ( see your device instructions for this ) You will need the WiFi Password from the SSID card supplied with the car...
Once it is connected to your device THEN you can use the Key fob sequence instructions to register the APP....

Hi,

Picked up my new car on Wednesday. Have the same issue with the wifi, you kindly star (as does the manual)

"Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 30 seconds, press LOCK and then UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 10 times in total."

But there is no power switch, there is a button, and nowhere have I found details of what ACC is.

Anyone know what ACC is and how to activate it?

Thanks

Steve

Activate ACC by pressing Power Button without foot on Brake.
Not sure what Acronym ACC stands for (Accessory Current Control?) but electrical circuits with exception of Drive Motors are powered up.

Enables the rather involved lock/unlock 10 times sequence on Key Fob without having the drive being live and avoids need to have foot on Brake.

On conventional vehicles its usually the ignition switch position that enables accessory devices to be operated without the engine running.

Cool, thanks. I thought I had done this, but will try it again tomorrow.

Thanks for info!

If it has not been stated before, the drivers door has to be closed as well. Think other doors should also be closed. No beeps and bongs to distract from hearing the important beep. The MMC procedure has been posted in the supplementary dealer manual that was published in a link on the forum some time back in technical section.

hovder said:
It is impossible to start setting up the remote app om my Outlander. The car does not make a sound after pressing the key 10 times..., and then I get an error message when *I try to connect the app... I have tried at least 50 times, AND I have done it FAST! But no result! Is there a way of restarting the WIFI system? The network does not show up on my /android) phone...

You haven't got a GX3h by any chance have you?

Back