Car Mats

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilbo59

Apologies if this has been covered before.

My GX4h came with no fitted mats at all - is this correct?

I expected to have to buy rubber mats but not the basic ones!

Not sure I understand - are you saying that the metal floor was exposed? As standard, it is carpeted - anything else is an accessory - we paid for the internal protection pack which seems to cover the requirements pretty well. I have to say that neither of the other new cars that we've bought over the last ten years or so included anything other than the fitted carpet as standard.

No mats are not standard - as part of the deal I specified including a set of mats in the price (part of the discount). I think official basic Mitsubishi ones are only about £30 as an accessorie or twice that for the deluxe ones.

CJ

I assumed mats were not included as standard, as two grades of mats are listed on the website as optional extras. I ordered the protection pack which includes mats along with rubber boot liner, mudguards and the pointless chrome/stainless sill protection plates. Similarly floor mats were not included as standard equipment with my last two BMW 5's either.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

My last car was a Shogun Warrior which came with fitted mats as standard and I assumed that the PHEV would be the same.

Suggestions for good mats appreciated.

Bilbo59 said:
Thanks for the prompt replies.

My last car was a Shogun Warrior which came with fitted mats as standard and I assumed that the PHEV would be the same.

Suggestions for good mats appreciated.

I guess they expect the Shogun to come in for more rough treatment than an Outlander!

The standard Mitsubishi mats look fine - they cover the space and have stayed in place - what more can you ask of a mat?

Well mine came with floor mats ONLY despite requesting the full protection pack. I don't think I paid for either but not exactly sure as I still haven't got a copy of the invoice to check. :evil: I think I paid for paint protection & the service plan but again can't check :evil:

BTW anybody know how I can check I HAVE got the paint protection (polar white) :?

greendwarf said:
Well mine came with floor mats ONLY despite requesting the full protection pack. I don't think I paid for either but not exactly sure as I still haven't got a copy of the invoice to check. :evil: I think I paid for paint protection & the service plan but again can't check :evil:

BTW anybody know how I can check I HAVE got the paint protection (polar white) :?

Rub a handful of sand into it? :lol:

Bought the Mitsubishi standard ones yesterday.

As suggested by Maby, they do the job and are actually better than I expected.

Now for the boot liner!

tarq said:
I got the 'ebay' boot liner #, it fits nicely, much cheaper than Mitsu 1!

# Mentioned elsewhere on here.

Do you have a link or the ebay item number?
I'm picking up my car on Monday, don't think my existing one from my '08 outlander will fit.

tennopz said:
tarq said:
I got the 'ebay' boot liner #, it fits nicely, much cheaper than Mitsu 1!

# Mentioned elsewhere on here.

Do you have a link or the ebay item number?
I'm picking up my car on Monday, don't think my existing one from my '08 outlander will fit.

This is where I got mine

http://www.bootsliners.co.uk/

Got mine on fleabag thanks to david1972. Was a couple of quid cheaper than the link above and postage cheaper too. Fits well.

aitchjaybee said:
aitchjaybee said:
Got mine on fleabag thanks to david1972. Was a couple of quid cheaper than the link above and postage cheaper too. Fits well.

Sorry, out of stock now http://www.leisureshack.co.uk/mitsubishi-outlander-boot-liner-bl192899.aspx

Although I far as I can tell on-screen these are identical, I went for the more expensive because I ordered the "flip-out" bumper protector at the same time - so saving slightly on delivery (queue further grumbles about my dealer :cry: )

However, I have to report that I think this item is expensive (£14.95) for a piece of ribbed rubber with Velcro on one end. In addition, it doesn't fit the car as intended. Yes, you can attach it to the floor carpet but not with the boot liner. Either it raises the liner so it is no longer flush with the hatch lip or if folded on top fouls the hatch and stops it closing. The alternative of fitting to the lip is not available because of the curve of the panel and the tight fit of the floor.

I've ended up with it just loose under the boot liner to be pulled out when needed. Not as convenient as advertised but functional. However, I could have used any similar flexible rectangle e.g. carpet offcut. So my recommendation is don't buy it, especially with the boot liner :mrgreen:

A further point about the boot liner itself - if you recline the rear seats to make them more comfortable they push the liner back slightly so it just catches the hatch when closing - you need to slam it. :eek: Over time, I suspect it will distort the edge of the liner.

Back