Charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have only had my car for 2 weeks and this is my first post although been looking at all the useful information on here. Has anyone else had issues with charging from the British gas installed 16amp tethered charge point. Mine will intermittently not connect with the car and the green light on the box flashes on then off and the car responds by flashing the lights in the charge cap filler area 3 times. The light on the dash which then shows it is charging will also flash and the car won't charge. Have then plugged it into the 13amp socket with lead supplied with the car and it charges no problem .
As I say this is intermittent as sometimes it charges from the 16amp with no problem at all so I am guessing a rogue chargemaster unit.
Any of your own experiences would be appreciated .

Hi,

I suspect that many drivers use the STD charging cable as I do. I have found that as long as the cord is powered and the car wants to charge, then this usually happens. I have seen the charge stop for a while and then resume with the STD cable [10A]. From memory this has been approx 50% of the recharges.

The charging behavior will be affected by the charging rate, and I suspect that the way the PHEV is set up, determines how alternative chargers supply the power.

I have an AC measuring system on my house and It records the many circuits. The battery should not stop accepting charge unless the computer detects battery cells becoming unbalanced, or there is low or high temperature in the battery. The normal kWh recording will not pick up short 5-10min stoppage unless the current drops to zero. I did not find the current drop to zero and the PHEV recorded my recharges as the one charge. If I recharged again later, then this was recorded by the car as another recharge.

Back