Consumer Reports First Drive of 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander GT

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

transpower

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2013/04/video-redesigned-2014-mitsubishi-outlander-is-not-out-of-this-world.html

I guess their opinion is "so-so."

transpower said:
http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2013/04/video-redesigned-2014-mitsubishi-outlander-is-not-out-of-this-world.html

I guess their opinion is "so-so."

Yeah they don't seem overly impressed but hey you can't seem to win them all.

And it has to be said that this car is going to sell well even if he isn't the editors choice because Outlander PHEV is really the only car in the SUV department with the numbers this good and in the end that is what customers are looking at...

It doesn't really matter because the market is definitely ready for a EV SUV and Mitsubishi Outlander is on top of this market, there is no other car close to Outlander in this point...

I can really see why Mitsubishi placed all their bets on this car.

BobMarin said:
It doesn't really matter because the market is definitely ready for a EV SUV and Mitsubishi Outlander is on top of this market, there is no other car close to Outlander in this point...

The only car that comes close to the Outlander is Tesla X and I'm sure that the price in question isn't going to be anywhere near Mitsubishi Outlander's so I agree with you that this car is going to own the eco-friendly SUV market for a long time to come

Dannyboy said:
BobMarin said:

The only car that comes close to the Outlander is Tesla X and I'm sure that the price in question isn't going to be anywhere near Mitsubishi Outlander's so I agree with you that this car is going to own the eco-friendly SUV market for a long time to come

After reading your comment I started researching Tesla X and I have to say color me impressed, that is a fine SUV but as you said I'm sure the price is going to spicy because it is a full electric car and they cost money...

But the falcon doors is a bit too much...

After reading your comment I started researching Tesla X and I have to say color me impressed, that is a fine SUV but as you said I'm sure the price is going to spicy because it is a full electric car and they cost money...

But the falcon doors is a bit too much...[/quote]

Yeah the falcon doors is a weird decision on behalf of Elon Musk, it must be a fascination of his or something. Altough he has said that they are a small onage to the spacex rocket that he is building alongside the obvious attempt to rev up the design and shock value of the vehicle itself.

Hope that Mitsubishi won't pill any stunt like that with the Outlander

"Noise is about the only thing that stands out—and not in a good way. The Outlander is a loud vehicle. We found ourselves turning up the audio volume constantly to overcome wind and road noise."

I HATE HATE HATE loud cars. I was totally looking forward to an SUV PHEV, especially an affordable one like the Outlander. But I hate loud cabins so much it may be a deal breaker for me.

This will be a crucial point when I do a test drive.

Remember, this review was of the Outlander GT - so the noise in the Outlander PHEV may be less.

However, they did say it was wind and road noise, not engine noise, so I guess that could be the same in the PHEV as it is in the GT.

ActionableMango said:
I still have hope--one of the bullet points for the PHEV lists "improved noise insulation".

I don't think you should be worried because this is a PHEV who are notorious for very silent engines(not as a full EV but close enough)

The only thing that could cause noise is the ICE and from some reports it will be fixed till the Outlander launch date in Europe.

Dannyboy said:
The only thing that could cause noise is the ICE

Regardless of the type of engine, the lack of sound insulation can enable a significant amount of tire noise and wind noise into the cabin.

Strange, I have now read two reviews that complain about the road/wind noise and two that complement the effectiveness of the sound insulation. (All four reviews were for Outlander ICE, not PHEV.)

I suppose this can be explained by different speeds, wind conditions, or tires.

I wouldnt say their opinion about Outlander PHEV is so-so its rather "not very impressed". Well, they have their opinion but in the Outlander PHEV Forum people are quite impressed.

max said:
I wouldnt say their opinion about Outlander PHEV is so-so its rather "not very impressed". Well, they have their opinion but in the Outlander PHEV Forum people are quite impressed.

well that is probably because it is the "Outlander PHEV forum". But I see what you are saying and I agree that Outlander is the SUV to buy when it comes out. I mean the advantages are numerous.

Back