Discount

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cityblueboy

Only if anyone wants, but has anyone managed to secure a discount and roughly how much? Most dealers were refusing me anything off the price of the car, but in the end negotiated a deal I was happy with.

Hi
Yes perhaps we shouldn't go there! We were rather bowled over by the car and didn't have best negotiating heads on, but got some extras in the price but not a discount as such. I had read that ev and hybrids are not easy to get discounts on and overall we were happy.

No stories of huge discounts please!

And just to be clear the 12 month deal is monthly payments for 50% so quite steep (!) rather than paying the balance after 12 months.

Cheers
H

I got 10% off quite easily. Perhaps more is possible if you really put your mind to it. 10-12% is usually possible on most new cars.

Hi,

You got 10% off a new Outlander PHEV in the UK?

Which model?

Kind regards,
Mark

No, I live in Sweden. I got the fully equipped model w/o the active safety package. (The LDW system is annoying)

I'm in the Uk and I couldn't find one dealer who would discount anything off a Gx4h.

I eventually got £2500 over book price for my p/x (shogun in good condition that'll just go straight on the forecourt)
Free mats and tank of petrol (which I hope will last a long time)
Free detachable towbar and fitting.

Pleased with the deal, but I hate paying full price on a new car!!!

Fragge said:
No, I live in Sweden. I got the fully equipped model w/o the active safety package. (The LDW system is annoying)
The LDW system can be switched off. It is my routine button push. But on nightly motorway driving it will be on : I have drifted off and bent a car once before…. :oops:

The sad thing is that it has to be turned off every time you start the car, I wish it had a setting that permanently turned it off and you could activate it at will instead.

Fragge said:
The sad thing is that it has to be turned off every time you start the car, I wish it had a setting that permanently turned it off and you could activate it at will instead.

Hi,

The same with ECO and the AWACS buttons :(

And the MMCS display.

Kind regards,
Mark

That was a good deal Cityblueboy!

Can you tell us which dealership and where? I'm in Glasgow but willing to travel anywhere in the UK to get the right deal! I will also be looking for a detachable tow-bar.

nernm said:
That was a good deal Cityblueboy!

Can you tell us which dealership and where? I'm in Glasgow but willing to travel anywhere in the UK to get the right deal! I will also be looking for a detachable tow-bar.

The dealer I've ordered through is premier automotive in Rochdale. They have an established Kia dealership and the mitsubishi dealership is quite new, took over from their old Chevrolet dealership about 5-6 weeks ago. It may be because they are new they can offers better deals. I certainly couldn't get anywhere near it anywhere else.

Let me know how you get on if you contact them, good luck. :D

Hi,

I've been offered metallic paint and a full tank of petrol at no charge on a gx4h but no discount off list price in UK.

Kind regards,
Mark

I tried to negotiate with Mitsubishi Cheltenham on a new PHEV but they were only willing to give a full tank of petrol. It's a sellers market at the moment.....

Try carwow. I've had a look to see if I could beat my deal and got offered a £2000 discount off a gx4. Not as good as what I got but a good deal in the sellers market.

Usually January and Febuary when most folk are paying Christmas bills instead if vehicle shopping. Several inches of snow on the vehicles after a storm will also slow sales.

I am almost decided on going for the PHEV (tho' I'm just waiting to view the new Audi eTron, which is being previewed tomorrow. I'd be very interested in hearing which dealers had offered discounts or extras on the GX4h...

any Welsh buyers out there - Nathaniels in Bridgend offered £2k off list price, I also managed to get the chrome/black alloys from the Diesel plus boot liner. Had to pay for metallic plus tow bar but still thought was a good deal! :D

I'm not Welsh but live just across the border in North Wales (despite having a Chester postcode!). I was travelling west on the M56 tonight (in my BMW, PHEV not due 'til November), and I saw a car carrier with two Outlander PHEVs headed towards Chester/North Wales; one white, one Black. Two lucky North West guys about to get delivery!

Our experience was that all our local dealers refused to give discounts at first. I went to Car Wow and found a couple of dealers at the other end of the country who were willing to offer discounts of £2k or more - when I went back to my local dealer with this information, they suddenly found the flexibility!

One dealer did tell me that there is a Mitsubishi supported discount available to company car purchases subject to certain conditions. He discussed our requirements and company status and confirmed that we were eligible for this discount. Strangely enough, the figure he offered was identical to the discount that the other dealers suddenly discovered they could offer, no questions asked!

Back