Door handles

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westdevon

Has anyone fitted chrome door handle covers?

They're on Aliexpress reaaly cheap, but are they any good?

I've looked but haven't bought any.
They seem to be just stuck on with 3M tape. They'll be in constant use and chrome finish with deteriorate very quickly. Looked at heater button and 4 wheel drive surrounds but they are of different colours. Also front/rear fog light surrounds, how long will the finish last?
Mike
4hs frost white

jaapv said:
Why not have the original Mitsubishi ones?

I don't think Mitsubishi offer them in the UK. The ones I looked at are about 8 English pounds a set delivered, so are either a bargain or rubbish. They do stick on with 3M tape, so probably a bit naff.

That sillyness again of leaving out accessories for certain markets. One could be forgiven for getting the impression that some importers have an aversion to selling things.

Hi
You can order any parts or accessories here:
https://www.amb-trade.de/lang-en/part/MZ553141EX/17-mitsubishi
..if you know the part nr. The part number in the link is for door handle covers for cars with KOS.

The "chromed" ABS parts you find on Aliexpress will last intil you wash your car...really poor quality. Even the 3M tape are poor chinese quality.

The original Mitsubishi door cover are also just covers stucked on with 3M tape and also looks a bit "cheep" but they are of good quality.
I have mine for 2 years now and no straches or fading.
Also the original door mirror covers are stucked on with 3M tape.

If you search on Aliexpress you will find door handle covers in stainless steel but they are narrow ones stucked to the flat area of the handle.

BR//Per-Anders

You should be able to get full all metal chromed door handles, as supplied on the AUS shipped model. No 3Mtape, and fully molded polished chrome metal finish. Plastic does not last with the weather here in AUS. May be a bit cold in sub zero temps, but this won't bother me.

Interesting!
Something to remember next year when I am going to order my new PHEV.

Mine are genuine Mitshu accessories and they are plastic covers with 3M tape.
The door covers are the same kind of "cromed" plastic as the inserts on the front grill and the grill do stand heat...and cold.
The original bodycolured door handles are molded reinforced plastic, right?

BR
Per-Anders

Perhaps the accessory list for the UK will be changing with the 5hs being released shortly which has all the chrome bits replacements for them will be needed here,

I bought the 'Chrome Pack' with mine which included the chrome door handle covers and covers for the mirrors plus a strip on the bottom of the rear hatch.

Horrifically expensive for what they are but I like them.

Some pictures now in 'Show Off' thread.

JimB

Back