Economy

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kesto said:
Best option is start with full charge + ECO , as soon as you hit motorway change to add SAVE + Cruise control +B3.
Sorry, I do not believe hitting SOC as soon as you hit the motorway can be the best option. When you hit Save at a high SOC, the charge current will be reduced to protect the battery. As a result, it will take longer to increase the SOC by 1.5% during the hysteresis cycle. But lowering the SOC by 1.5% will go just as fast. Consequently, your engine is on for a higher percentage of time. More revs during your trip. More internal resistance to overcome. More fuel spent ....

Sorry I may have not been clear .I hit SOC when I have 16miles of EV left. However I have found that at high SOC the ICE doesnot kick in striaght way. Still uses drive battery and decides when to kick in ICE.

Kesto said:
Sorry I may have not been clear .I hit SOC when I have 16miles of EV left. However I have found that at high SOC the ICE doesnot kick in striaght way. Still uses drive battery and decides when to kick in ICE.
Ah, I see. Much better ;) . As long as you are aware that 16 miles range (especially at motorway speeds) most likely translates to just a bit more than 50% SOC (65% real) and you may already 'suffering' from this effect.

BTW: When hitting Save, the engine will kick in when the SOC has dropped no more than 1.5% from when you hit Save.

Back