ELM327 interference

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discorduk

I finally figured out where the OBD port was today (i'm not very mobile to see it under there), and tried out my elm327 clone bluetooth dongle.

It seemed to be working fine, i was a bit disappointed that Torque Pro didn't know anything about battery or power status parameters, any pointers to where i might find values to enter manually ?

Now I have used this dongle on my previous car (citroen C4) with no issues, but today when i returned to the car, having left the dongle plugged in whilst the car charged, it all went a bit wonky.

Powered up, started to drive off, and an error about EV system popped up, telling me to pull over safely, then more warnings appeared, abs fail, stability control fail, power steering fail, etc etc. Luckily i hadn't even left the works car park yet.
I stopped the car, put it in park and tried to shut down, but the Power button wouldn't respond.

Only after pulling the dongle out of the socket would things start to work again, I shut everything down and started up again with no sign of any problems or warnings. very very strange.

Fair warning, since I plugged mine in a while back and discovered the same lack of data in TP. I have not used it since - but left it plugged in.

As far as I know this will not work (yet)

Try the iCarsoft i909 or the MaxiDiag Elite MD701 to access PHEV specific params. May be a bit over the top for many of us :oops:

BTW: Have not seen any warnings on the dash while using my ELM327 WiFi dongle (which I have used quite a lot) but have seen warnings when using the i909.

Can someone advise where the OBD socket is?

I'd like to try my Scangauge II to see what the ICE is up too when it's running wrt revs, temperature, etc, it seems to rev highly at times and particularly when cold...must be my right foot causing it!

It also has a fuel consumption gauge in it (not that I bothered with it before on my BMW 320D which regularly returned up to 50 mpg according to its own computer and even more when my wife was driving :oops: )

Thanks

Tipper said:
Can someone advise where the OBD socket is?

I'd like to try my Scangauge II to see what the ICE is up too when it's running wrt revs, temperature, etc, it seems to rev highly at times and particularly when cold...must be my right foot causing it!

On the panel above the drivers footwell directly under the right hand side of the steering column. It points downwards and has no cover. I can feel in the plastic panelling it if I reach down toward the accelerator with my right hand.

discorduk said:
It seemed to be working fine, i was a bit disappointed that Torque Pro didn't know anything about battery or power status parameters, any pointers to where i might find values to enter manually

I have been developing an Android App with the help of Anko's PHEV PID codes which allows you to display the PHEV Battery parameters. It is almost ready for beta, send me a private message with your email address if you want to partake in in the beta.

Back