First outing in new PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwcltd

Having switched from a BMW X3 I'm delighted with the quality of build and road-holding. One minor issue - the auto wipers using rain-sensor run flat out in light rain. Seems to be due to a slight smearing with each wipe. Anyone discovered a setting which prevents this?

Having had the car for a couple of months I should add that the auto-wipers work well now. Using Nilglass to clean the screen (once - abut a month ago) and prevent smearing was the key for me.

just turn the dial on the stalk to adjust to wiper speed and that should do it.

What model do you have? If a GX4h, there's a setting in the MMCS to turn the auto wipers off. The stalk rotator then sets the delay time between wipes.

The rain sensitive wipers in mine are useless. My windscreen is always clean, however they behave erratically.

Can't wait for the service next month to have them set to standard intermittent, which unfortunately you can't do yourself in a GX3h.

If I was buying a GX3h now, I'd ask for this to be set prior to delivery.

I find the auto wipers the best non-EV feature on the car - but then I've never had them before so what do I know :lol:

Mine are rubbish, either not enough or going like crazy at a slight rain. I have a hired Seat at the moment and they work perfectly in that.

greendwarf said:
I find the auto wipers the best non-EV feature on the car - but then I've never had them before so what do I know :lol:

Having a rental ordinary car at the moment the best non-EV feature I am missing the most is the keyless feature. With a PHEV its such a joy to lock the house door and put the key in your coat pocket and not need to find it again until you get home again to unlock the house door.

All that finding which pocket its in, blipping lock, blipping unlock shoving it in the switch, shoving it in your coat. Its soooooo tedious!!!!

And don't get me started on the conventional auto gearbox compared to the linear power of the PHEV!!!

I want my PHEV back.. :cry:

I love the auto wipers, it took a couple of shots to get the setting right, but once I did it has been excellent.

Also love the keyless feature, but I did read something about how such cars are easy to steal by tech savvy car thieves!

I also love the smooth transition of the gears - even the kid says how much smoother the PHEV is, and both our previous cars were automatic as well!

lg1726 said:
Also love the keyless feature, but I did read something about how such cars are easy to steal by tech savvy car thieves!

General explanation, for obvious reasons . . .

Unfortunately true - but Range Rovers and BMW's etc are the car of choice and are usually stolen to order. You can buy a key programmer for about £100 that will program about 90% of the keyless entry keys out there. Anything between 30 seconds to 2 minutes and away they go. They don't need to be tech savvy either - a broken window is all that is needed.

I was reading how you can change the code by using an ETACS program on a laptop so that the key code in the car computer will not be in the reprogrammer making cloning all but impossible. Downside : a dealer would not be able to make a new key either, you would have to change the key code back before getting a new key.

The car has an alarm and I always deadbolt the car when leaving it (two lock presses) so (hopefully) a bleeping alarm and someone climbing through a window may (may) make someone take notice - O.K. unlikely, but it is the best I can do!

I have a small tracker hidden in the car and these stickers on the windows - more a deterrent really . . . . .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Personalise...Warning+Window+Stickers+with+Registration,Tag

jaapv said:
The smooth transition of the gears is because there aren't any. :lol: Just a few permanent reduction boxes.
Is that condescending or patronising? Cant really tell.

jaapv said:
Neither, just pointing out that the car has no automatic gearbox to produce gear transitions.

I do know that, although as a non-engineer, non-mechanic non-car geek type perhaps did not explain it as well as you might have, but your obvious amusement at my ignorance felt quite patronising.

lg1726 said:
I love the auto wipers, it took a couple of shots to get the setting right, but once I did it has been excellent.

I agree, the autowipers need to be setup correctly (or maybe rain in UK is much more "serious" than here in Australia, lol). My only concern is that some time I might have mud or sand on the windscreen and the autowipers activate and scratch the windscreen?

zzcoopej said:
lg1726 said:

I agree, the autowipers need to be setup correctly (or maybe rain in UK is much more "serious" than here in Australia, lol). My only concern is that some time I might have mud or sand on the windscreen and the autowipers activate and scratch the windscreen?

I assume they are activated by moisture only

Back