First Service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanS

My PHEV which is leased is going in for its first service today. Slightly concerned as the leasing company has booked it into a backstreet garage.

In order to check that everything has been done I have tried to find the Mitsubishi requirements for the first service without success so wondered if anyone has any idea where I can find it. Also what are the key questions to ask when it comes back to what has been done to ensure it has been done correctly.

Half expecting a phone call from the garage half way through the morning saying they can't do it.

Alternatively do I just think its a lease car and not my problem.

Ian

Leasing companies are finance companies and not car dealers, therefore can be clueless and probably think the service is nothing much more than an oil change, and are completely oblivious to the fact it has batteries and other electrical components that would need checking.

Still, if they are the ones booking and paying for it, I don’t see how you should be worried, other than if you think it’s going to break down if not done properly.

I would make a call just check with the lease company that the garage are capable of servicing it in line with the warranty requirements.
They probably have just treated it like any other car :roll:

Also worth checking that the garage knows what they are taking on - the big independent chains like Kwikfit refuse to touch EVs and hybrids on health and safety grounds - their staff have not been trained to work on vehicles that have high voltages and currents floating around under the bonnet.

Yes the leasing company are now going to book it in with a dealer, but I have to give another 7 days notice by which time I will be at about 13500 miles. Let my fleet manager know so that he knows it is the leasing companies mistake to avoid them claiming it wasn't serviced at the correct intervals and charging us.

You cant beat efficiency!!

I do hope that companies like Kwikfit catch up on this - when the car is out of warranty it will be irritating to have to pay main dealer prices for a simple oil change service.

Useful/timely thread, will be calling on Monday to book my 1st service and mine's a lease car too so I will push for main dealer when I call and use you as a case study :) thank you for sharing, one of the best bits about this forum :)
HJB

aitchjaybee said:
Useful/timely thread, will be calling on Monday to book my 1st service and mine's a lease car too so I will push for main dealer when I call and use you as a case study :) thank you for sharing, one of the best bits about this forum :)
HJB

If they don't agree, make sure that the garage selected is aware of the fact that there is a 10kWh, 300v battery underneath with high voltage cables leading round the car - that will focus the mind!

Back