Front camera shows very little

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowrunner

I've had the car (GX4HS MY16) since Monday, and have only really had time to play with it in the evenings when it is dark. Today I realised that its not just bad lighting, but even in daylight the front camera doesn't show anything. Well, it seems to be blocked with something black and shiny that is letting some light in at the very edge.

Now the funny thing is I can't actually see where it is on the front - I'm guessing its not mounted properly or has something blocking it, but can anyone tell me how to find it, or post a photo or diagram of how to locate/check it ? I lifted the bonnet, but its well lined and I probably shouldnt be taking it to bits without a clue.

Seems to me to be a good occasion to be lazy and let the dealer sort it. Actually they should have picked this up when preparing the car for delivery.

get someone to move a torch around the front of the car while you watch the camera and you should be able to confirm the position.

Not noticed where it is on mine so the mirrors suggestion makes sense perhaps

see
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1976&hilit=front+camera&start=20

The last post from 06blade says the front camera is behind the number plate.

There seems to have been a few similar problems and the dealer has had to solve them.

You can find information on the "Multi Around Monitor on 7-88 of the MY16 Owners Manual.
The Front camera is located under the black Bar immediately above the number plate, slightly to drivers side of centre line.
Side view canera are located on underside of wing mirrors.

Just wanted to give people a laugh for the weekend.

I tried to find the camera, but gave up. This was ages ago now - decided I'd get it looked at next service.

Anyway - fast forward to this week. My number plate fell off - found it was only stuck on with tape, but over a grill so tape only contacted a small surface area.

Its re-fitted now, but just on a whim tried the camera button again and hey presto - camera working.

They'd only stuck the plate over the camera on the docks in Bristol - this happen to anyone else ?

Back