Hands free audio

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
When making a call using the Bluetooth hands free yesterday I noticed that the callers voice seemed to only come from the left side speakers. I don't think any sound came out of the drivers side speakers

Is this normal? The speakers on the drivers side work fine for playing music etc

TheMightyKingTubby said:
Hi
When making a call using the Bluetooth hands free yesterday I noticed that the callers voice seemed to only come from the left side speakers. I don't think any sound came out of the drivers side speakers

Is this normal? The speakers on the drivers side work fine for playing music etc

sides depending on LHD or RHD model; on german models you can hear it from right side speakers (codriver side)

TheMightyKingTubby said:
Cheers. Slightly odd but so be it

I'm pretty sure our Prius behaved the same, you know. I'm not sure, but I guess it may be something to do with feedback suppression. When you are running a hands-free, the output of the speaker is picked up by the microphone - it may be that they mix in an antiphase version of the incoming audio to cancel out the feedback signal - a lot harder to achieve with a stereo image to process.

maby said:
TheMightyKingTubby said:
Cheers. Slightly odd but so be it

I'm pretty sure our Prius behaved the same, you know. I'm not sure, but I guess it may be something to do with feedback suppression. When you are running a hands-free, the output of the speaker is picked up by the microphone - it may be that they mix in an antiphase version of the incoming audio to cancel out the feedback signal - a lot harder to achieve with a stereo image to process.

That makes sense. Cheers

Back