Have any Aussies installed Angel Eyes or similar DRLs?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyInOz

Staff member
Hi people,

It seems to me that we stand out a bit as the only SUVs on the road at the moment that don't have LED daytime running lights on the front.

Have any Aussies found/installed suitable lights like the replacements for the fog lights which include an LED surround?

I'm particularly keen to know if we even have a suitable circuit that is powered during the day but off during the night.

If not, I'm probably going to have to come up with something tricky like a relay that is off when the headlights are on...

Andy

AndyInOz said:
Hi people,

It seems to me that we stand out a bit as the only SUVs on the road at the moment that don't have LED daytime running lights on the front.

Have any Aussies found/installed suitable lights like the replacements for the fog lights which include an LED surround?

I'm particularly keen to know if we even have a suitable circuit that is powered during the day but off during the night.

If not, I'm probably going to have to come up with something tricky like a relay that is off when the headlights are on...

Andy

I installed these on my Outlander, http://www.osram.com/osram_com/news-and-knowledge/automotive-special/automotive-design-lamps---eye-catchers-with-that-stylish-look/automotive-lighting---stylish-and-trendy/fog-lights-retrofit-or-upgrade-to-led/ledriving-fog---led-fog-lights/index.jsp

Stock replacement to the existing fog lights and a wiring module that allows them to turn off when headlights are on, act as corner assist as well as fog lights.

Are the regulations different down there? :D . In Blighty, the DRL's turn off when the headlights are on. Standard feature. So maybe there's a circuit somewhere already installed?

Regulo said:
Are the regulations different down there? :D . In Blighty, the DRL's turn off when the headlights are on. Standard feature. So maybe there's a circuit somewhere already installed?

These turn off when the headlights are on, however every chav in NZ has added a set of DRL's and run around all day and night with them on.

We haven't even got emissions testing yet for our MOT equivalent...... Clean green NOT

dilski said:
I installed these on my Outlander, http://www.osram.com/osram_com/news-and-knowledge/automotive-special/automotive-design-lamps---eye-catchers-with-that-stylish-look/automotive-lighting---stylish-and-trendy/fog-lights-retrofit-or-upgrade-to-led/ledriving-fog---led-fog-lights/index.jsp

Stock replacement to the existing fog lights and a wiring module that allows them to turn off when headlights are on, act as corner assist as well as fog lights.

Very nice, very nice indeed dilski.

I'll see if I can get some of those.

:)

I have installed the angel eyes DRL, that replace the silver plastic shroud in front of the fog lights. I could see no wiring for a DRL in the space around the fog lights, so I wired mine up to the accessories lighter socket, with a light sensor that turns them on in the day time.

Mine came from China on Ebay and they work best on 12V feed. The 14.6V typical on the PHEV battery caused the electronics to flicker the LED's. I just added a 10ohm resistor and all works, just a fraction dimmer.

The light sensor cct used a P-mosfet with an LDR in the positive feed to the DRL cct. Mine is still working from the lighter socket as I don't want to connect to any unknown car circuits while still under warranty.

The PHEV is now more distinctive with the round angel eyes. The DRL on offer by many low end manufacturers do not inspire me much.

Back