Help! my home charger unit plug does not fit my outlander

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priory43

The government fitted it for free before I had an electric car. They fitted it too far to the back of the garage so it didn't reach my new gx3+2016 outlander outside and car is too big to fit in the garage. I therefore have just paid an electrician to move it only to find the plug is the wrong type!

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issues and knows what type it should be? The dealer was no help what so ever.

I have a chargemaster unit type 2

Supposedly this adapter is only suitable for European cars, not an outlander!

I have phone chargemaster and am currently waiting on a call back to see what they can do for me.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks

Bet you wish you'd gone for untethered now! I think it's what's known as a "Type 2" in the trade

I wasn't given any choice of cable or unit when it was fitted.

I doubt I will be eligible to get it fitted for free again with the new government scheme as I already have one paid by them . Hopeless though if it's no use!

Well, it is a pain, but probably not so disastrous - it would not be a major job to replace the plug... EV Cables stock the plugs - https://evconnectors.com/Type-2-Electric-Vehicle-Charging-Cables-and-Sockets/Type-2-Connectors-16-amp/Type-2-16-amp-Plugs-and-Cables - and they are very helpful. If you are reasonably handy with a screwdriver, I'm sure you could change it - otherwise any qualified electrician should be able to do it.

Priory43 - Maybe this is what you need to get. A Type 2 to Type 1 lead. EV Connectors sell them for £95 + VAT. https://evconnectors.com/electric-vehicle-chargers-and-accessories/j1772-to-62196-2-16-amp-plugs-and-cable-dsi-dsiec-ev16p

Another advantage is that with this cable you can connect to Type 2 public charging points.

Bladevane said:
Priory43 - Maybe this is what you need to get. A Type 2 to Type 1 lead. EV Connectors sell them for £95 + VAT. https://evconnectors.com/electric-vehicle-chargers-and-accessories/j1772-to-62196-2-16-amp-plugs-and-cable-dsi-dsiec-ev16p

Another advantage is that with this cable you can connect to Type 2 public charging points.

That may work, but discuss it with them before you order one - there is supposed to be a mechanism in the plug/socket to stop you daisy-chaining cables - it's a safety measure.

Did you tell Chargemaster what car you had ordered?
I assume you had to provide some proof of the purchase/ order

Is so , then surely they have fitted the wrong unit & should change it :shock:

That is correct. There are several plugs and the chargepoint should be installed with the plug that fits your car. Call Chargemaster and complain. They should fit the proper plug for you.

outofyorkshire said:
Did you tell Chargemaster what car you had ordered?
I assume you had to provide some proof of the purchase/ order

that depends on when he had it fitted. A year ago, there were no checks - anyone could call and request a charging point - and they were free! People with no intention of buying an EV were getting them fitted in the belief that they would add to the value of the house.

maby said:
that depends on when he had it fitted. A year ago, there were no checks - anyone could call and request a charging point - and they were free! People with no intention of buying an EV were getting them fitted in the belief that they would add to the value of the house.

That's me! My problem is that the cable of the supplied unit is too short to plug into the Outlander unless I park on the neighbour's lawn.

I still have no intention of buying an electric car, I'm letting the lease company take that risk :lol:

Back