HOME CHARGE UNIT 8 WEEK WAIT!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benarchard

Just paid £195 to Charge master only to be told there is an 8 week wait for installation!

Anyone used another company? If so where they good? And more importantly affordable?

All of the OLEV grant supported installs seem to be from £180 upwards. Rolec never even replied to my on-line enquiry but one of the sub-contractors did. They told me it's 3-4 weeks to do the survey and install. Not used them yet as I have to wait for off-street parking to be completed.

I recently had a Rolec 32A un-tethered charge point installed.

Registered with Rolec, then was contacted by their contractor for my area (LA Electrical, Bristol) within 3 days
Survey was done a week later which confirmed the price (£195)
Installation was a week after that (nice, clean job done in about 2 hrs)

Now waiting for my PHEV!

The free OLEV chargepoint offer ended 1st April this year - the current Gov deal is a 70% subsidy
Heard on the radio yesterday that the number of electric cars sold in the UK has risen 400% in the last year, so there's probably a lot of demand for home chargepoint installation!

- Nigel

nemgreen said:
I recently had a Rolec 32A un-tethered charge point installed.

Registered with Rolec, then was contacted by their contractor for my area (LA Electrical, Bristol) within 3 days
Survey was done a week later which confirmed the price (£195)
Installation was a week after that (nice, clean job done in about 2 hrs)

Now waiting for my PHEV!

The free OLEV chargepoint offer ended 1st April this year - the current Gov deal is a 70% subsidy
Heard on the radio yesterday that the number of electric cars sold in the UK has risen 400% in the last year, so there's probably a lot of demand for home chargepoint installation!

- Nigel

Still 100% in Scotland the 70% is topped up by the energy saving trust to the 100% so still totally free up here
Graham

You dont say where you are , but I used these:

https://www.nuworldenergy.co.uk/

Great service from start to finish :D

I originally applied to charge master, only to be told that they couldn't not install my unit before old scheme finished..

Nuworld did :D

I used these guys http://pod-point.com/products/#solo

No issues so far and avoided a two month wait on the Rolec unit.

Cheers

Neil

After saying I'd take my business elsewhere they are coming on Saturday. £195. So pretty standard I think.

Back