How To Charge At A Charging Station

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruckman65

I will take delivery of a 2015 model in the next few days. When opening the recharge flap, I see there is only the single plug, not two that are installed on more recent models. Of course, the single plug will allow me to charge at home but will it allow me to use that connection at a public charging station? I am in Australia.

You can use an app like PlugShare to find all the nearby Type 2 connections in Australia, these are different than the DC fast chargers like CHAdeMo, but often they are lower cost or even free in some locations like car parks, rest areas, roadhouse, motels and hotels. You can even take your portable EVSE with you and charge on trips using normal power outlets, like at a caravan park or resort.

You can use an app like PlugShare to find all the nearby Type 2 connections in Australia, these are different than the DC fast chargers like CHAdeMo, but often they are lower cost or even free in some locations like car parks, rest areas, roadhouse, motels and hotels. You can even take your portable EVSE with you and charge on trips using normal power outlets, like at a caravan park or resort.
Thank you for the advice, MiPHEV.

I will take delivery of a 2015 model in the next few days. When opening the recharge flap, I see there is only the single plug, not two that are installed on more recent models. Of course, the single plug will allow me to charge at home but will it allow me to use that connection at a public charging station? I am in Australia.
That single plug will let you charge on Level 1 or 2 at public stations. I use a 16 amp 220v charging station at home.

Hello - for the most part, Outlander owners should avoid charging at charging stations since for the same price (or less) you can just run the great Outlander's engine and for a gallon of fuel, cover the same distance with no waiting or dealing with charging. In addition "Fast Charging" uses extreme high amperage which can be dangerous to the Outlander's charging system.

The only safe place to charge an EV or Phev is at home!

If you would like to learn more about your Outlander I invite you to read my In-Depth article which covers charging.

Outlander Review Link:

https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/threads/outlander-phev-in-depth-observations-mike-mas.6174/

Best Regards - Mike

a-outlake.jpg

Back