ICE revving

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverfuel

The other day I was sat in a car park and when I pressed start, the ICE kicked in due to the cold weather and the fact that I had the heating turned up. Nothing unusual. But as I was sat there for a while I accidentally pressed the accelerator and it revved the engine like on a normal car. I pressed it a few more times and the revs of the engine seemed to follow my pedal movements. I had not noticed this before, and it confused me a little - I thought the engine revs were controlled by the PHEV ECU to be at 1200 when stationary, regardless of the accelerator input?

I think this could be relevant to mechanics to test / diagnose the engine under higher revs. As a matter of fact, there is a way (don't remember exactly) of starting / idling the engine without pressing the Charge button even in warm weather. This is there for the same reasons.

It would be interesting to see what it does to the charge current towards the battery ... Although, unless you click Charge, it will probably not charge at all.

anko said:
I think this could be relevant to mechanics to test / diagnose the engine under higher revs. As a matter of fact, there is a way (don't remember exactly) of starting / idling the engine without pressing the Charge button even in warm weather. This is there for the same reasons.

It would be interesting to see what it does to the charge current towards the battery ... Although, unless you click Charge, it will probably not charge at all.

I don't think I did anything different than usual. Car was in park mode, had about 10 bars of SOC left.

Tried to recreate it today - no joy.

Back