Increase EV-drive and eRange

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlixtGordon

Hi, I'm new on this forum though I've been driving Outlander PHEV since December 2013.
The three year lease has now come to an end and I'd decided to by out my own Outlander and try some modifications in order to improve EV-drive possibilities and also extend the eRange if possible.

I'm curious is there is any forum member that have user experience of the PHEV-box from V-tech?
http://vtechtuning.eu/phev-box.html

Is there any one that know the exact dimensions of the battery modules and if they are easy to replace with new more energy dense modules?
I've found this post where member "vtechtuning" squeezed in 19,5 kWh in the original battery pack but the thread unfortunately got of topic...
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2163

Thanks in advance! ;)

Hi Gordon

I have been using the PHEV-Box for some time. It does what they say, almost pure EV-mode but some ICE for heating when below zero.
I have not notice any increase in range.

BR// Per-Anders

paa451843 said:
It does what they say, almost pure EV-mode but some ICE for heating when below zero.
Thanks,
What do You mean by almost pure EV-mode? Is it pure electric above 0 deg C except for kickdown (and only when kick down)?
How does it work in freezing weather i.e. below 0 deg C down to -10 deg C?
Is the High Voltage Heater powerfull enought to heat the cabin alone?
Have You used the PHEV-box on both Outlander MY 2014 and the facelifted MY 2016?

Hej

No, I have only used it on my new MY 2016.
If you connect the "ICE-stop" correct, (it´s a bit tricky to mount) you get pure EV-drive (exept kick-down)down to 0 deg C. I think you can get it lower by reprograming the box or by just set the temp to 15 deg C.

You can get a short burst of ICE on start up before you hit the ECO-button.

The electrical heater do heat the cabin good enought.

MVH//PAA

paa451843 said:
Hi Gordon

I have been using the PHEV-Box for some time. It does what they say, almost pure EV-mode but some ICE for heating when below zero.
I have not notice any increase in range.

BR// Per-Anders

This range increase story from the PHEV-Box is smelling bad to me.

There is no reason why range should be increase due to a different gas pedal modulation

At first it was sounding so bad that it tooks away the trust on this box ... but now I may reconsider it, still not sure it is worth 250 euros

Too bad that vtech did never made commercial what has been shown in one of his first video .. real pure EV and power increased to 70kw ,, this will have been very very interesting for me .. but ... did not happen .. and I guess it will not happen :oops:

Back