iPhone IOS8

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poins

Has anyone had a problem using the Mitsubishi App with IOS8. I had no problem pairing my iPhone with the car and seemingly getting the app. to work, but the times are all blank when I try to select them. Dealer speculates that the issue may be compatibility with the new IOS.

Thanks for the Info, I won't be updating mine for a while then! I am never the first to install updates, and I'm quite happy to wait till the dust has settled and fixes have been sorted. Remember when we lost Google maps!

I had no problem connecting today, it just had to be reset at the beginning, by pressing the circle with arrow in the top right hand corner. All my preset charging times reappeared.

So no problems so far with iOS 8

Thanks for the Info, I won't be updating mine for a while then! I am never the first to install updates, and I'm quite happy to wait till the dust has settled and fixes have been sorted. Remember when we lost Google maps!
Welcome to the Luddite club - I'm still on IOS5 :!:

+1 for the iOS8 "blank times and settings" dials.

Have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, but no go.

iPhone 5.

-KJ

I've got the same problem with my iPhone 4s and iPad, I updated before I got the car on the 29th, thought it was me!
I have set the times on the MMCS and it all seems to work ok, the only other issue I have with the app is that it is not totally obvious if the times are on or off if you use this option which I do to recharge during the day having set my times each day for an over night charge, a big sign saying on or off would be good!!

I too had the same problem with iOS8. The time screen was all blank. I set the charging time via the MMCS and then when I used the app it shows the times. Bit strange, I think Mitsubishi need to update their app to work properly in iOS8.

i'd expect a company with the resources on mitsubishi to fix a problem like this as an emergency release outside their normal release schedule. it effectively renders the app useless, bar checking the charging status from indoors.

Even if Mitsubishi have now fixed the issue, it still takes 11 days from submitting the updated app to apple to having it approved for download - http://appreviewtimes.com/

Kev.

IMO this problem is minor compared to the unstable, weak signal, short range sorry excuse for a wireless connection they have fitted the car with. ;)

I have gotten really good at navigating the app even with the blank dials here.

-KJ

jevel said:
IMO this problem is minor compared to the unstable, weak signal, short range sorry excuse for a wireless connection they have fitted the car with. ;)
There is nothing wrong with the wifi range. I used to be a network engineer in a previous life and have measured it and the strength is well within specifications.
What you can argue is the choice of technology. Cellular may have been better, but then we would all be complaining of long response time and cost.

Kev.

Yes. The app still works but since I updated I can no longer change settings for defroster, cooling or heating in the timer settings. My wife still has iOS 7 and for her it works as before.
An uppdate from Mitsubishi is needed I think.

I too am a bit disappointed with the wifi range. If I'm in bed upstairs and want to put the heater on I can't connect. In fact I have to go downstairs and stand by the window to get a usable connection. I might just as well go outside and switch on the car!

Still, there's still more to like than dislike.

BeerHunter said:
jevel said:
There is nothing wrong with the wifi range. I used to be a network engineer in a previous life and have measured it and the strength is well within specifications.
What you can argue is the choice of technology. Cellular may have been better, but then we would all be complaining of long response time and cost.

Kev.

Then there's a drastic difference between your and my car.

I won't hijack this thread any more than I've already done, but out of interest: What tools did you use to measure the WiFi, and would you mind to share a diagram of your WiFi coverage around your car? If it is drastically different from mine, I'll have a talk with my dealer and see what they think.

Edit: Also; when you see that the strength is well within spec, what do you mean by that?

-KJ

Remote App for a GX3h

"Darling"
"Yes dear"
"Can you go and warm the car up before I head off to work"
"Yes dear"
"Thanks Darling"
"Oh, by the way, can you disconnect the charger on your way back in"
"Yes dear"

Bet your iPhone can't do that last bit ;)

Back