Is it just me or is the gear selection back to front?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chrispyduck said:
Many thanks David

I must stop skim reading and pay attention.

Your suggestion will help me enormously.

Best regards

Chris

No problem - I discovered the various antics of most of the controls though practical evaluation - the manual might have it but I speed read as well and the detail is well buried... :roll:
( I have had mine since Aug 1 and now have over 6K miles on it - so I think I have found most of the oddities )

MHS said:
Had our car for 5 days now. Is it just me or is the gear selection back to front?

To the right and forward for reverse.
To the right and back for forwards.

I'm from a totally manual gearbox past car history and I agree, it is totally counter intuitive. However, as others have said my mate who has only driven autos says its totally normal...

MadFrankie said:
MHS said:
Had our car for 5 days now. Is it just me or is the gear selection back to front?

To the right and forward for reverse.
To the right and back for forwards.

I'm from a totally manual gearbox past car history and I agree, it is totally counter intuitive. However, as others have said my mate who has only driven autos says its totally normal...
But I've driven 5 autos over the years, including 2 Shoguns and I still find it a little odd.

Very nearly had a bump maneoveuring our phev today in our own carpark.

Selected D by mistake, facing downhill, just a metre from another car.

Omg, I've never caused damage to anyone else's car, in 30 years of driving, and this was close. Stopped maybe 10cm away.

I think my wife may be about to take away the keys!!

Give me a gear stick like my Shogun autos please.

Back