I've satisfied my wife!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidWolfy

Well of course I mean with my car purchase!

When I started looking at the Outlander PHEV my wife wasn't interested. She said 'I don't care about cars, just choose one that will do for the family'. She didn't come for a test drive and didn't really look at the brochure. Well, well... two weeks into having the car and she commented, 'I'm loving the new car'! High praise from my missus. She has become an electric mileage pedant trying to eak out an extra mile or two through economical driving. Not that I'm doing this...well of course I am!

Just minor points, but it would be nice if the button stopping others using the electric windows (children!) wouldn't also lock those same windows for the driver. And how on earth do I get the average miles per gallon working on the main screen? It just sits there looking at me showing '...' and the percentage split between electric and ICE. And finally, why don't the doors automatically open when I approach the car like true keyless entry? On the whole, very happy with my new car, though.

Just to say, I've been on this forum for about six months while I decided to buy (lease) then ordered my Outlander PHEV G3. I must say it has been very useful for a number of things so thank you to all those who have posted interesting findings, solutions to problems and generally good user info.

Right, I'm off back to coast in B0 and get five leaves...

Regulo said:
The "--:-" on the dash usually means you're getting more than 99.9 mpg!

Thanks. That's nice to know. I did fill the tank (by accident - didn't realise how quick it was to fill) at 10 miles on the clock and now I have about two thirds left after ~270 miles. I have noticed that the blue bar for the fuel seems to go up and down. I would have thought the only thing to put it back up would be me putting fuel in it!?

DavidWolfy said:
Regulo said:
The "--:-" on the dash usually means you're getting more than 99.9 mpg!

Thanks. That's nice to know. I did fill the tank (by accident - didn't realise how quick it was to fill) at 10 miles on the clock and now I have about two thirds left after ~270 miles. I have noticed that the blue bar for the fuel seems to go up and down. I would have thought the only thing to put it back up would be me putting fuel in it!?

Yes, I've had that glitch myself at around half a tank but don't know what has caused it either. :?

DavidWolfy said:
Regulo said:
I have noticed that the blue bar for the fuel seems to go up and down. I would have thought the only thing to put it back up would be me putting fuel in it!?

You must have found the magical petrol regen paddle ;)

Back