Keep finding doors unlocked

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaneb

As in the title I keep coming back to my MY2014 to find the doors unlocked maybe half the time. I know I lock them when I leave it. Is this a known problem? Any good advice about fixing this please as it's obviously a serious security issue. Thanks.

Maybe you can check into the MMCS setting.

There is a configurable timer, that will lock the door automatically ...

This timer does not work if you use the car and you forget to lock the car

But .. if you close the car .. then by accident you unlock the car on the fob .. then it will lock back inside the configured timer.

PS: I experience that sometime I did not lock my car, and was left open .. but it was inside my garden .. so no issue, and for sure my mistake .. for the rest .. I never experience any issue on the car getting unlock on their own. But ... the keyfob can be easily activate the unlock if this is put into a non "protected" place

Where do you keep the key? If in your pocket it is easy to push the button without noticing. If the automatic relock is not activated, it will remain unlocked.

The key is usually in my pocket or bag. I almost always lock it by pressing the button on the door handle. I think I would hear my car unlocking while walking away/inside the remote's area because one of my wing mirrors buzzes very loudly as it fold/unfolds.
It seems this is not a common fault so I'll dog deeper. Thanks for the responses.

I don't think you are alone, as quite often, I am 99% I locked the car in the night (lights flashed, mirrors closed in), and by morning, it appears to be unlocked (mirrors opened). It is kinda weird and wondered myself if I am accidentally unlocking the car too!

Tweedie, to be sure if it's the keyfob or not, after you've locked up and checked it's locked, put the keyfob in a metal tin (or wrap in tinfoil) overnight. That should stop it communicating with the car at all. With the latest criminal acts going on, it's good practice anyway.

tweedie said:
I don't think you are alone, as quite often, I am 99% I locked the car in the night (lights flashed, mirrors closed in), and by morning, it appears to be unlocked (mirrors opened). It is kinda weird and wondered myself if I am accidentally unlocking the car too!

That's exactly the same problem as me then. Perhaps there are many more but they all just think they keep forgetting to lock it!
Good advice from Regulo. I will do this tmw.

I bought a new Outlander last year and I too noticed the doors unlocked on returning to the car in my driveway. This is not the first time and previously I thought it was my mistake. However I know I locked the car using the key and put the key in a drawer in the house as I usually do.
Do I really need to put the key in a metal box to prevent it from mistakenly opening the car?
Surely the key should not be communicating like this.
:evil:

Back