Kids in locked car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristian

Norway is paceful so sometimes with my current car I leave my kids in the car a couple of minutes, but I then like to lock the car, and I would leave with my keys for a few minutes. The user manual is rather pooly written, and the security system is rather complex. Will the movement of my kids inside the locked car trigger the alarm?

They will unless you turn the alarm off. It is not hard to do, but I'm afraid I don't remember exactly how - it involves raising one of the control stalks on the steering column for several seconds with the car set in ACC mode if I remember correctly. Alternatively, you can lock it with the mechanical emergency key - that may be the better solution if you are only going to do this occasionally since I believe that turning the alarm off is a sticky setting and if you forget to turn it back on, you will be vulnerable to theft.

All the above applies to the factory fit alarm - if you have some more complex after-market alarm fitted - as many of the continental contributors here seem to - the process may be completely different.

Thanks for the answers. Sleeping pills perhaps?

I do this often, I will have to check out how to do this (it is described on the forum somewhere i think), and it it is sticky. I am not much for alarm, and the thieves wont know it is off, but Ill test it out.

Once you switch off just lift the wiper control stalk for a couple of seconds (flick wipe setting, against the spring return) and there will be a beep. Exit and lock the car as usual. The internal sensors are then deactivated for that occassion only. I do it regularly when I do a quick errand when the dogs are in the car.

Back