Mistubishi Charging Cable

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarrieB

Has anyone got the Mistubishi Charging Cable as an extra with their car?

If so, is it good quality?

I was thinking about adding this to my lease purchase as it would only put a couple of £s on the lease cost rather than buying one separately.

Hi Barrie

If you mean the type 1 to type 2 charge cable, the kind for public charge posts, then make sure the extra you pay over the term isn't over circa. £150 as that's what a good quality one set you back. The price to buy the Mitsubishi cable outright, as I recall, was about double that. Make sure whatever cable you get is 32A as some public charge posts have issues with 16A cables.

On the other hand, if you mean the cable to plug the car into a household socket, then that comes free with the car.

Cheers

I meant the type 1 to type 2 cable, not sure if the one you get from Mitsubishi is any good? And yes they charge £299.

I cant find a 5m cable for less than £175, most of the sites show you the price excluding VAT :evil: .

If you are going to buy (or lease) such a cable for public charging, then make sure that any dedicated charging point that you have installed at your house or office is untethered and use the cable for charging there too. This will help future-proof your investment in case you change vehicles and the new one uses a different connector.

BarrieB said:
Yes, I now plan on getting an untethered point installed at home.

Does anyone know if this cable is 32A or 16A?

Given that the Outlander will never attempt to draw more than 16A, you can in theory use either a 16A or 32A cable on either a 16A or 32A charging point. There have been reports that using a 16A cable on a 32A point can lead to problems, but it is not obvious why this should be the case and I don't think it has ever been conclusively demonstrated.

maby said:
Given that the Outlander will never attempt to draw more than 16A, you can in theory use either a 16A or 32A cable on either a 16A or 32A charging point. There have been reports that using a 16A cable on a 32A point can lead to problems, but it is not obvious why this should be the case and I don't think it has ever been conclusively demonstrated.

in another forum, some users complained about that; 22kw Chargingpoint (aka 32A@400V) wasn't able to activate with cables, that are coded with 16A or 20A. Only 32A coded cables were accepted. But this isn't very often; anyway I ordered a 32A cable with 8 m for about 300 Euro (incl. VAT); the 16A wasn't not to much cheaper... (about 30 or 40 Euro)

Back