Must have accessories

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePHEV

I wanted to ask the people who have had the Outlander PHEV for some time what accessories would you not be without and what do you feel was a waste of your money as you have only used it once...

I know some of these would come down to personal usage, but be good to know what people have.

The one essential if you want to use public charging stations is a charge cable.
The one that comes with the car only fits a domestic square pin 13A socket. (I'm assuming UK here).
A small number of public charging stations do use these, but most require you to have a female type 1 plug (JV1772) [plugs into car] to a male type 2 (Mennekes) plug [plugs into the charging station] cable of your own.

About £300 from Mitsubishi or £80 from the likes of EVconnectors.com
You will find discussion elsewhere on this forum about the pros and cons of the variations available.

Rapid charge stations as found at motorway service stations and IKEA have a tethered cable which plugs straight into your car [CHAdeMO] - so no cable required to use these.

Other accessories will probably depend on individual requirements.

We bought roof bars. (already used to carry extension ladders and an old up and over garage door! No doubt Christmas tree will be next. :D )

Just ordered rubber mats from Mitsu today. Only carpet mats were available when we bought our PHEV.
The best I have seen are the ones on our Toyota Auris Hybrid which have a lip all round. Brilliant. I doubt Mitsu ones will be like this. Even our Land Rover ones for the departed Freelander didn't have a lip.
Oh, also our first purchase was a load-space rubber mat for the rear.

Essential for the winter snow if you get any. The floor in the back of the PHEV as you know is slightly raised with gulleys round the edge, ideal for trapping melted snow!

Again if you search this forum you will find plenty of discussion on all of these, e.g. official Mitsu accessories (Usually the most expensive) versus non-Mitsu

Not specific to the PHEV, but I wouldn't be without a dash cam. Too many idiots driving about, not paying attention to the road. :x

The full protection pack also with the rubber mats which do you have a lip around the sides.
Various LED replacements.
Waiting to fit front dashcam
Dog guard for the boot

Frost white GX4hs
1st service at GMD Durham. Will post outcome.

They were confused when they rang as they have no record of my 3 years servicing package, they said they'd sort it tomorrow. Only when they rang off was I'd booked car in (on its 64 plate for the service package) and now I've transferred to my private plates. Surprising because it is a GMD plan and not Mitsubishi!

LED number plate lights are quite good actually - impressed with the look.

The LED gearshift illumination is not bad either to be fair.

You might want to sort out an upgrade yourself for the reverse light! My reg plates lights give off more light than that!

Back