new 16 model PHEV here in October

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone looking to use Lex for their new Outlander should be able to get quotes for it next week c. 17th August, or so I'm told.

So I would expect other lease firms to be able to quote then or maybe even before and hopefully Mitsubishi will update their own site with the details soon after.

Masselink said:
Tarik1989 said:
Masselink said:
My Outlander Instyle PHEV (Dutch) MY16 was confirmed to be delivered between 15-30 september 2015.

However, They can't confirm the full definitive specs.

I have the exact same issue. Ordered my Instyle 2016 model just 4 weeks ago. Dealer confirmed that delivery will be in September 2016, but no exact date jet.

I read on autovisie yesterday that the non-phev outlander will be arriving in the netherlands the coming week. Might be a good oppertunity to go check the new outlander out in real life. Besides from a couple of video's and pictures I haven't seen the real deal jet. By the way; do you think the instyle comes with a glass roof that opens? Or is it just instyle+?

I chose the Instyle because of the sunroof. Later i found out it will only be available for the Instyle+. A fixed hitch isn't an option anymore on the new model. Only a removable hitch will be available. A Skidplate isn't available/needed anymore because they changed the mounting point.

What i ordered extra are the the chrome door handles, but they might be Instyle default as well. Nobody knowns for sure.

I went to the dealer on saturday to check out the new diesel/gasoline Outlander. It does look awesome, but I wonder how the PHEV edition will look like in real life.
Do you have an delivery date yet? My dealer told me delivery will be around end september/begin October. I can't wait!
I'm also wondering if the updated navi will be any good.

I've got a 2016 MY GX3+ on order for delivery in October & have been quoted 19 October delivery but have been told the cars should be arriving in the UK 1st October & may be available earlier- I think Mitsubishi are trying to clear stocks / orders of the 2015MY first. Mine is one of 2 GX3+'s our company has ordered and we also have recently got a 2015 GX3.

The lease cost was too high for me to get a GX4 but at least with the GX3+ you get the electric heater & app which will avoid burning petrol to warm it up

Anyone else looking at company cars I can recommend the help & info I've had from mitssupplier on here and also from Mitsubishi direct - Mitsubishi gave us an additional manufacturer discount applied through our lease company, based on our fleet size ( about 50 including L200s & LGVs)

Hey, you guys who are expecting delivery of the 2016 Phev in September and October are you based in the UK? Can't seem to find any information on the new PHEV from UK sites.

A few leasing sites are quoting at the moment - if you search for Outlander GX3h+ you will see a fair few places, including one site which offers new cars at solid discounts if you want to buy not lease. Searching for this trim works well since it's only in the 2016 version.

On a side point, I've just tested a Passat for 4 days (the diesel version) and it really is an impressive car. I'm not swaying between the GTE version of the Passat of an Outlander. Outlander may win since it's out to order basically now but the GTE could be Jan as there is so little info about the UK release date.

Great tip jws - I'll try that. I've been quoted for a GX4h that is already registered - so presume that will be the 2015 model. However I do like the sound of the upgraded (and hopefully improved) MMS since I've heard more than a few complaints about the current system.... also like the idea of the surround camera system.

first new 16 model has arrived and very impressed with the changes, more refined and the little touches show they have listened to current model owners.

If anyone needs information or quotes (personal or business) drop me an email [email protected]

Grigou said:
It seems they have listened to the current owners excepting for the MMCS :lol:

Ive had a play today with the new MMCS system and it does seem much easier/intuitive. Need to live with it for a while but does seem much better. The 360 degree camera is very good too.

Ordered mine today, delivery not till February though to tie in with the expiry of my existing lease.

Have gone for a Gx4h in Pearl White, with black interior. Toyed with going for the s version, but not sure that the extras (Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane DEparture Warning, front and rear parking sensors) justify the extra cost, it would have been £30 per month more to get that version.

Will also look to get dedicated charging point installed, and being in Scotland I can get the extra top up to cover any costs over the OLEV grant so basically it will be free.

This site is a great source of information, looking forward to learning a lot more before I take delivery.

geoffshep69 said:
Ordered mine today, delivery not till February though to tie in with the expiry of my existing lease.

Have gone for a Gx4h in Pearl White, with black interior. Toyed with going for the s version, but not sure that the extras (Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane DEparture Warning, front and rear parking sensors) justify the extra cost, it would have been £30 per month more to get that version.

Will also look to get dedicated charging point installed, and being in Scotland I can get the extra top up to cover any costs over the OLEV grant so basically it will be free.

This site is a great source of information, looking forward to learning a lot more before I take delivery.

Can you confirm you get a portion of Sunroof with that ? I've seen the spec sheet and wondered if they have removed any of the kit on the 15 version for the 16MY. Seems they have addressed one or two niggles as well as changed its appearance somewhat.

EssexBoy said:
geoffshep69 said:

Can you confirm you get a portion of Sunroof with that ? I've seen the spec sheet and wondered if they have removed any of the kit on the 15 version for the 16MY. Seems they have addressed one or two niggles as well as changed its appearance somewhat.

I only have the spec sheet from the leasing company to go by, but according to that, yes, it does still have the electric sunroof. By doing a comparison between the 2016 spec sheet, and the 2015 specs in the brochure on the Mitsubishi website, I can't see anything obvious that has been removed as part of the upgrade.

Will also look to get dedicated charging point installed, and being in Scotland I can get the extra top up to cover any costs over the OLEV grant so basically it will be free./quote]

I took delivery of my PHEV two weeks ago, still getting used to it all, but love it. We had a complex installation of a home charger completely recently with the OLEV/EST set up, so fully reimbursed for the complete costs, which was not cheap due to the complex nature of it. We found a great installation company recommended by a guy in the know. They came out and did a pre-purchase assessment as without a home charger, it was a no-go. They were fantastic, did all the paperwork including an exceptional circumstances application to get the grant for a 16amp unit as opposed to the 32amp one EST insist on, on the basis that the nature of the installation meant that only a 16amp could be installed just now. They are called Jorro and they were great - really can recommend them!

lg1726 said:
Will also look to get dedicated charging point installed, and being in Scotland I can get the extra top up to cover any costs over the OLEV grant so basically it will be free./quote]

I took delivery of my PHEV two weeks ago, still getting used to it all, but love it. We had a complex installation of a home charger completely recently with the OLEV/EST set up, so fully reimbursed for the complete costs, which was not cheap due to the complex nature of it. We found a great installation company recommended by a guy in the know. They came out and did a pre-purchase assessment as without a home charger, it was a no-go. They were fantastic, did all the paperwork including an exceptional circumstances application to get the grant for a 16amp unit as opposed to the 32amp one EST insist on, on the basis that the nature of the installation meant that only a 16amp could be installed just now. They are called Jorro and they were great - really can recommend them!

Thanks for that, I had noted a couple of other people had also recommended Jorro on this forum so am planning to get in touch with them shortly. My installation should be a lot more straightforward than yours (fingers crossed) as my consumer unit backs directly onto the garage so I'm hoping it should be easy to run the connection through the interior of the garage, and then put the point on the external wall beside my driveway.

Update for you all.
I drove the new 16 model GX4h for the first time yesterday and can confirm it is very much more refined and premium feeling than the previous model. It feels quicker and quieter, the doors seem to have a solid feel when closing and the ride feels less choppy. I really appreciate the tailgate height as always banging head on old model. The new MCS system works more intuitively and the 360 degree camera is very good.
Looks wise I do like the styling of the back end, the front I am not too sure about but it is more up to date looking. The new seat leather seats are a big improvement and the steering wheel is thicker and again more premium.

11108841_134456036903644_7846117672273056279_n.jpg

Happy with my My2016 instyle!

ian4x4 said:
Thanks for update
One question, is the brown interior an added extra?

No brown interior at the moment but who knows it may be something offered in the future. I believe the GX5h will be launched at some stage, possibly early 2016.

New to forum and waiting for an MY16 PHEV.

Thought it worth mentioning that the UK Mitsubishi website now has the specs for the MY16 car.

gallen9

Back