new 16 model PHEV here in October

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gallen9 said:
New to forum and waiting for an MY16 PHEV.

Thought it worth mentioning that the UK Mitsubishi website now has the specs for the MY16 car.

gallen9

Hope you enjoy it!

I've got mine :D

Mitssupplier said:
Update for you all.
I drove the new 16 model GX4h for the first time yesterday and can confirm it is very much more refined and premium feeling than the previous model. It feels quicker and quieter, the doors seem to have a solid feel when closing and the ride feels less choppy. I really appreciate the tailgate height as always banging head on old model. The new MCS system works more intuitively and the 360 degree camera is very good.
Looks wise I do like the styling of the back end, the front I am not too sure about but it is more up to date looking. The new seat leather seats are a big improvement and the steering wheel is thicker and again more premium.

Well I am a bit depressed now.. I have over 3 years left on mine and one of my colleagues is looking at getting one that will be a 16. Looking at the spec. Mitsubishi seemed to have fixed a lot of things criticised, like the missing 12v socket in the boot, the daft mpg display now 3 digits, LED DRL's so we don't have to drill them to fit LED bulbs!, sunglasses holder. Not bothered by some of the 'toys' dimming rear mirror is pointless in an SUV, footwell illumination.. a few cheap LEDS, heated steering wheel, can't see why. But if it rides and goes better then that is great.

Have they improved phone function in the MMCS or is it still unfriendly and a lot of presses to access?
Is the boot motor any quicker?

CCCUK said:
gallen9 said:

Thought it worth mentioning that the UK Mitsubishi website now has the specs for the MY16 car.

gallen9

Hope you enjoy it!

Hope it's running well! Just one thing I'm still not sure about from the specs

Does it have Apple CarPlay / Google Auto? Frankfurt show announcement sounds like it does.

Not essential but as I'm near to upgrading phones and have a Windows Phone at the moment, it might influence what I take next

gallen9

gallen9 said:
CCCUK said:
gallen9 said:

gallen9

Hope you enjoy it!

Hope it's running well! Just one thing I'm still not sure about from the specs

Does it have Apple CarPlay / Google Auto? Frankfurt show announcement sounds like it does.

Not essential but as I'm near to upgrading phones and have a Windows Phone at the moment, it might influence what I take next

gallen9

The MMCS unit in the 16MY PHEV is not compatible with Apple CarPlay.

Apolgies if this has already been posted, but found this rather informative document on the MY16 improvements from the Frankfurt show.

Obviously, much will be model dependent but I thought the bit about the accoustic improvements was particularly interesting

http://www.mitsubishi-motors-at-2015-frankfurt-motor-show.com/Files/Documents/EN/New%20Outlander%20MY16%20-%20EU%20kit.pdf

Anyone have an up-to date delivery time?

My local dealer said about 4-6 weeks, but the lease company are saying 3 months?

Barnfather said:
Apolgies if this has already been posted, but found this rather informative document on the MY16 improvements from the Frankfurt show.

Obviously, much will be model dependent but I thought the bit about the accoustic improvements was particularly interesting

http://www.mitsubishi-motors-at-2015-frankfurt-motor-show.com/Files/Documents/EN/New%20Outlander%20MY16%20-%20EU%20kit.pdf

Very interesting - hadn't seen that before.

First time I've seen the info about what eco mode actually does.

JimB

Claymore said:

JimB
Think that's just the new mode AWC eco, which is different from the normal eco .

It certainly makes a mockery of my local Mitsu dealer, who when I asked them what the differences are between the MY16 car with the current one, just replied 'Nothing really, just cosmetic'. I asked if he was sure as I thought there were other improvements but he was adamant 'Same car mate, just looks a bit different'.

Maybe I should go in waving that document at them :)

Barnfather said:
It certainly makes a mockery of my local Mitsu dealer, who when I asked them what the differences are between the MY16 car with the current one, just replied 'Nothing really, just cosmetic'. I asked if he was sure as I thought there were other improvements but he was adamant 'Same car mate, just looks a bit different'.

Maybe I should go in waving that document at them :)

When I went into my local dealer in September they had a release note from Mitsubishi that described the differences between the old and new models. They let me take a copy. I also had no problem finding loads of press releases, previews and reviews on-line that went into some detail about the improvements. So for a dealer to be so ill-informed is unacceptable. Maybe these cars sell themselves so well that some dealers don't think they need to make an effort!

Titan said:
Claymore said:

JimB
Think that's just the new mode AWC eco, which is different from the normal eco .

Having printed it out and spent a bit more time with it I'm not sure whether this applies only to the ICE models or whether the PHEV 'benefits' also.

JimB

StevePHEV said:

My local dealer said about 4-6 weeks, but the lease company are saying 3 months?

I ordered a Grey MY16 Model second half of October and I was told it should arrive in Dec delivery early to mid Jan by my lease company.

StevePHEV said:

I can advise here

GX3h - Generally Feb 2016 although a handful in shipping if not to bothered on colour
GX3h+ - good stocks in all colours - 2-3 weeks
GX4h - Generally looking at December although again some earlier if not colour conscious.
GX4hs - Generally looking at December although again some earlier if not colour conscious.

:D

Cheers - I should hopefully be ordering one on Thursday evening / Friday as I have an overnight test drive this week. I am quite excited to be honest.

Steve

I've just placed the order for a GX4h in Ruby Black, via our leasing company.

Only downside is I have to wait until my contract end to receive the car, which is end of February :(

Back